Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Discuss-A-Forum-Game: Rogue to Dodge.  (Read 5023 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss-A-Forum-Game: Rogue to Dodge.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 03:58:22 am »

Have you seen the Hulk though? You don't get much angrier or stronger than that. I don't remember his actual service record, but I think he survived reentry unaided at least once.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 04:00:25 am »

...one is like the Hulk, but angry and strong.

O_O
It can only make less sense if you say "like Hulk, but angry, strong, and green."

Well...

(Seriously, picture the Hulk, but much angrier and stronger. He throws cars at you and smahes through walls. Then he throws the rubble.)

You must be thinking of some pansy light-green hulk. That IS the Hulk! He then proceeds to throw the ground underneath the rubble and the people who come to keep him from throwing things. He then throws their family and nation at other families and nations.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 01:25:48 pm »

i'd like to pose a generic +2 to locating invisible old men with scythes

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 02:57:17 pm »

Thinking along the lines of the L4Dead ideas, what if, say, the first play to post after each level gets to pick an NPC that fits the level, and an action for it? PMed, of course, to increase the suspense. "I'll be a NPC wand merchant and I'll shoot the player with a wand of polymorph if I see him," or perhaps "I'll be a kobold and chase the adventurer throwing rocks"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 03:01:15 pm »

That could work, but the GM would be swamped with PMs. As in, completely swamped. Because if I knows forums, a lot of people will try to be "first".

The idea itself is sound though. An alternative is the forumgoers just posting their ideas, and the GM randomly taking a few out of them as personal nemesises(?) for the player on the level.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 03:16:46 pm »

My proposal was that the first person who posts claiming the action would get it, but I forgot about all the people who don't read all the rules. Everybody posting their ideas might work too, unless the adventurer starts giving if/then statements for each one: "If I see a shopkeeper, I'll run away to avoid being polymorphed." It'll be more fun for spectators if they can see the replies though.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 03:39:50 pm »

What about everyone posts a vague idea, the GM picks a few and PMs for more detail. After the turn, the GM posts the PMs that are no longer relevant(will not give the player usefu knowledge).

So, say the following posts were made:

A: a shopkeeper
B: hidden traps
C: A ROOM FULL OF ZERGLINGS WITH BAZOOKAS!!!!!!11!!!1!!1!1
D: a mirror image of the adventurer

the GM would pick any of them he chooses, and PM the creator for details.
Not all of them need to be used even then, but enough information is witheld from the adventurer for there to be surprises, and since the GM doesn't have to accept any of them, they do not get swamped with PMs, since they contact the suggesters that they want to.

Of course, after the PMs, the ideas would be expanded to

a: a shopkeeper with a polymorph wand who will zap the adventurer if he gets close
b: a trap door above a slimy spike-pit and a nearby hidden swinging blade
c: {ignored}
d: a mirror image of the adventurer with AN ULTRA SWORD OF DEATHLY DOOM{will be ignored}

And even then, the GM would not have to use any of them. Of course, the adventurer will have to account for all of them, without knowing the fine details, or even if they exist.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 [2]