Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Helmthundered (Community Fortress)  (Read 3204 times)

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Helmthundered (Community Fortress)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 07:43:46 pm »

Thank you.

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 10:04:51 pm »

sign me up please! lol

Name: Arthnor\Rakka

Proffession: Engraver/Miner/Wrestler

Bio: After learning how to be a miner as a child from his/her father Arthnor/Rakka left that proffession to become a skilled artisan. After many years in school Arthnor/Rakka developed an ability to carve out pictures that depicted the future. After a string of rather gruesome pictures, Arthnor/Rakka was kicked out of the mountain homes and has since made his/her perilous way to this desolate outpost.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:08:57 pm by TerminatorII »
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:12 am »

15th Granite Fireheart's Journal

The Elves arrived today. Poor excuse for a civilization in my opinion, trying to pawn off their inferior wooden items on us. Paticularily their weapons, as if any tree is a match for fine Dwarven steel. Can't afford to have another enemy right now so I'll trade with them.

Got a few inferior barrels of inferior booze, some cloth, some seeds and a deer in a cage

27th Granite

This is a good day for our fortress. Today Josh our craftsman and Frea our cook and brewer were married. We probably emptied a dozen barrels of rum in celebration

4th Slate

Another grand celebration of a wedding, this time that of Legolord, our resident mad scientist and Kyterra the blacksmith. Their celebration was just as good as Josh and Frea's

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 01:30:55 am »

2nd Felsite Fireheart's Journal

We have apparently been quite the influence back home as we got a large wave of Migrants today. They Included

2 Animal Trainers
2 Fisherdwarfs
Furnace Operator
Armorer
Clothier
Weaver
Butcher
Bone Carver
Bowyer
Engraver
2 Peasents

A few of these new dwarfs caught my eye

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 12:04:43 pm »

Thanks for adding me. Wow a lot of the dwarves are married...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 06:35:37 pm »

15th Felsite, Fireheart's Journal

Today our Clothier, a dwarf named Obok Zefonzedot appears to have gone mad. He rushed up to the newly build Clothier's Shop and started sketching. I went to check on him and found him drawing dozens of pictures of stacks of cloth. I brought him a roll of rope reed cloth we had in storage but he tossed it back with such force I was nearly decapitated. I have a bad feeling that he wants silk cloth which we have none of.

The Humans might bring some but until then I've ordered the workshop sealed to prevent chaos running through the fortress.

16th Hematite

The Humans arrived today with their wagons full to bursting with goods. Holding out some small hope for Obok I rushed out to meet them while the others hauled Josh's mugs.

16th Hematite: Later

We managed to get meat and booze, barrels and bags but not even a shred of silk cloth.

1st of Malachite

Obok lost his mind today. We heard the muttering behind his door turn to unintellible gibberish. I've ordered a tomb prepared for him as it seems we must face the fact that Obok will die.

6th of Malachite

We caught a thieving Kobold today. The fool walked right into one of our cage traps.

28th of Malachite

Strife has risen to a level of skill that only the greatest warriors have. To be truly worthy of the title of champion though he must first prove his ability to triumph against our enemies on the battlefield

3rd Galena

Gaweir followed Strife into Champion class skill but must also earn the title.

23rd of Galena

Obok passed into Armok's service today. Upon unsealing his shop we found his clothes scattered around the room and his body guarded by his dog and bull, faithful to the very end. We didn't know Obok well but we'll remember him forever as the dwarf who was killed by silk.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 08:05:19 pm »

15th Limestone, Fireheart's Journal

The caravan from the Mountainhomes arrived today. They also brought along a Goblin ambush which was promptly slaughtered by the caravan guards. We did our usual trade of Josh's crafts for meat and alcohol among other items.

1st Moonstone

Another wedding today. This time it was our Bonecarver Mozul Zimreg and Weaver Asmel Egathmebzuth. We had another grand party in celebration.

11th Opal

Our future here is looking better. Kyterra, one of our Blacksmithes and a Founding Member of Helmthundered had a baby girl today.

25th Opal

The Goblins arrived again today. The lookout reported only one small group of marksgoblins so Strife and Gaweir were sent out to drive them off. Their armor, skills and shields prevented the marksgoblins bolts from hitting and they proceeded to slaughter them. Things took a turn for the worse when 2 more ambushes were spotted: one of swords and maces and the other of maces and crossbows. Strife and Gaweir didn't even notice the crude, barbed bolts flying at them until they hit. With crys of rage they turned on their new enemies. Strife made it to within a few feet of the goblins when another volley of bolts hit, knocking him to the ground. Before he could regain his footing the macegoblins were upon him. Under their heavy blows he lapsed into uncounciousness. Gaweir meanwhile had been seriously wounded by the swordgobs but had killed half their number.

Seeing the army in trouble I called everyone with an axe or pick or particularily strong fist to me and charged out to aid our friends. We arrived in time to see a swordgob sever Gaweir's head from his body. Strife was alrady dead, crushed into an unrecognizable shape by maces. The marksgobs turned on us with a third volley of bolts that tore through our unarmored mob killing or incapacitating a third of our number. Our remaining group rushed the melee gobs, trying to break through to reach the marksgobs. Seeing more of our number fall we realized that our chances of survival were slim if we kept fighting. Regretfully I ordered a retreat into the hills. The small number left in the fortress were already there and I led them back into the wilderness in hopes that the goblins would stop to loot the fortress.

12th Granite Fireheart's Journal

Somehow we made it back to the Mountainhomes. Hungry, tired and ragged we barely made it through the gates before we collapsed. After we had recovered somewhat we were taken before the nobles to explain ourselves. We expected to be punished for losing Helmthundered but instead they congraulated us on our escape. Apparently several Goblin tribes overran the area just days after our escape. Instead of punishment we were allowed to return to work at the Mountainhomes.

The Survivors of The Fall of Helmthundered

Fireheart: Leader, Miner
Kyterra: Blacksmith, Mother
Mozul: Bonecarver
Yaddy: Woodcutter, Carpenter
Legolord: Mad Scientist
----------------------------------

In reality we all died to the Goblins but I have my reasons for changing the fate of our dwarves in the form of my next fortress.

This fortress taught me alot of new things though that I can apply to the future.

Keep an eye out for my next Community Fortress which will hopefully go much better.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 08:24:05 pm »

Well at least I lived...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 08:33:25 pm »

Haha!  The villain always escapes!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 2 [3]