Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Recommend me a game.  (Read 5912 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend me a game.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 08:33:14 pm »

Yet I liked Severance better, with them being absolutely identical. I just liked the environment better, and the gameplay was so much more rewarding. DBTS is no doubt a good game, just way too clunky in it's controls.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 08:41:30 pm »

I liked both but prefer DbtS for it's controls and dismemberment.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Wokeye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 12:44:43 am »

If you like depth over graphics, and hardcore turn based wargames, get Dominions 3.
warf Fortress, BF2:PR and Dominions 3 Fanatic

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 12:56:59 am »

If you like depth over graphics, and hardcore turn based wargames, get Dominoes.

Fixed

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 04:35:32 pm »

Ever tried becoming a pro-gamer at this?

Meh, more seriously, definitely Angband. X-COM is an even better game if you manage to get in to it and actually manage to survive your first "mission", though.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 05:41:42 pm »

If you like depth over graphics, and hardcore turn based wargames, get Dominions 3.

I actually enjoy Dominions very much, except two things annoy me to the verge of insanity: 1. The trial ends every game abruptly, just when you actually start winning (in my case). 2. $54.95. Who the hell pays sixty bucks for a game like that? I think that's overpriced by at least $25.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 05:47:15 pm »

The first Dominions has a demo without a turn limit.  However, it does have unit restrictions, along with the usual spell research caps.

Spell research caps that the computer seems to be completely unaware of...  Never ever let an AI enemy get too far ahead with magery...  You won't be able to fight back.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 09:35:38 pm »

Operation Flashpoint? Arguably the best/DEEP and most modded FPS out there?

I loved playing Operation Flashpoint. It was one of the few game's I've ever really felt immersed in.
Pages: 1 2 [3]