Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Impossible Organization!  (Read 2760 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Impossible Organization!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 03:11:00 am »

Hmm, that could work. You could have an activation option to order your officers to recruit supporters, and they'd go out and recruit good people automatically, using their own judgment (they prefer people with skills and stats like theirs). These people would then be issued bulk activation orders, along the lines of the top level option in the activation menu -- illegal fundraising, legal fundraising, liberal activism. They would appear on your rosters in a separate category. They get arrested, interrogated, just the same, and can rat out the people that hired them. Perhaps particularly good ones could be suggested as possible candidates to be promoted into the main organization?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 05:35:00 am »

Yeah, something like that.   But the 'bulk members' would be less devoted, generally, and not 100% like your top guys.   People who put up PETA posters on the weekends, as opposed to the ones who break into cattle ranches.   So they'd be kept low in the heirarchy, generally, until their juice is high.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 07:15:00 pm »

Sounds great! I'd love to see this implemented!   :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 05:45:00 am »

Basically, it'd just make handling huge masses of members easier.   While you can micromanage your elite guys, you'd basically have the rest on autopilot.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:00 am »

Yeah; as I said, an upgrade to have a "public" HQ would be a great way to do that.  After my finals, I might help with coding.  This, and Kobolds Quest.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 10:48:38 am »

I think that there should be one or two groups of an inner circle you can control directly; while all un-skilled folk are controlled indirectly via weekly meetings or secret transmissions/emails/graffitis.  <P>So while you and your top operatives are breaking into labs, your general mass of people will be picketing or doing less daring maneuvers or whatever- without much more control than 'go and raise funds'/'smash stuff'/'spread the word'.

I agree with this method. Especially considering that you've suddenly gone from a game where it was feasable and downright desireable to get HUNDREDS of followers and now I'm having trouble maintaining a few dozen

recruitment should be somewhat easier as well so B-path/A-path peoples can recruit AT ALL.

Perhaps under the current system you could have the options be:

A: Spend 50$ on props and a book for them to take home
B: Casually discuss politics
C: Ask for a cash donation
D: Ask them to volenteer their time for the cause
F: Invite them into your inner circle

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 05:35:03 pm »

I would love to see this implemented!

Maybe able to organize riots, with your lower-ranks adding fuel to the fire by shouting various liberal slogans?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 11:57:27 pm »

I love this idea also, and want to hear more about starting riots!  ;D

Until then, I would suggest renaming your core people, perhaps with single, capitalized words, and setting everyone else to the more more standard tasks via the bulk assignment task.

Heh, risky play tends to keep numbers down anyways.  ;)

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 01:40:45 am »

I just use the code names to tell the important Liberals in the Liberal Crime Squad from the unimportant peons.  I would like it if when someone gets out of jail, and they were previously set up to do an activity such as Hacking, Spraying Graffiti, Community Service, Selling Brownies, Prostitution, etc., they would still be set to do the same activity they were doing before they went to jail, instead of just Hanging Out.  That way I wouldn't have to set them back to doing the same activity they did before on the first of each month when people get out of prison.  I don't really see the need for an Inner Circle to be a feature of the game.  Having people do the same activity they did before, once they get out of prison, should take care of the need for that.  And this should happen whether they win the court case or not, whether they serve their full prison term, or whether you liberate them from the Police Station, Court House, or Prison to save them from the Conservative Injustice System.  Hanging out is what characters should be set to do after going forth on a mission to some site, or after you first recruit them as a member.  Oh and if someone gets back from the Clinic or Hospital, it should be the same as getting back from jail, and they should do the same activity they did before going to the Clinic or Hospital.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 12:15:02 am »

I'm not certain about now, but it used to be that whenever your recruits returned from hiding, they would continue to do what they were doing before they fled the safehouse.  I also recall there being a bug (well, maybe an unexpected feature is a better term) where they would be still selling brownies and such while in hiding.

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 09:25:50 pm »

Well what else are you going to do when you're hiding from the man?

Brownies anyone?javascript:void(0);
Insert Spoiler
Pages: 1 [2]