Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature Properties???  (Read 1190 times)

Maher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creature Properties???
« on: November 16, 2007, 06:33:00 pm »

[LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:2]
What is the actual nature of frequency?  A dragon with frequency of 5 means that it has a 5/(total frequency of animals that could show up) chance of showing up in a given year?  Ratmen have a frequency of 100 for reference.

[POPULATION_NUMBER:2:3]
The min:max number of units that show up?

[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:1]
I usually see several schools of similar fish on ocean maps... is cluster number the number of herds/schools of an animal?

[MODVALUE:50]
Is this the selling value for one if it is caught?

[GENPOWER:5]
number from 1 to 6(?) which determines general health/endurance?

[DAMBLOCK:8]
Although it seems straight forward... most weapons do damage on the order of 70-130 or so... how is 8 (the highest I've seen) going to change anything?  is it not a raw subtraction but something different?  

[LAYERING:20]
No idea

[MAXAGE:600:1200]
Is this in seasons or years?  Is 600 the mean and 1200 the max?  

[ATTACK:SECOND:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:2:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH]
DAMBLOCK makes sense if damage was done on the 1-6 scale... min:max right?

[CHILD:12][BABY:1][MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
Is 12 the number of seasons before it becomes an adult?  Where is the frequency control to determine how fast the babies come?

Sorry, the wiki doesn't have this yet to the best of my knowledge...

Thanks

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Properties???
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 07:05:00 pm »

modvalue affects the price of leather and bones, I think petvalue or something is for the value of selling a live animal.

genpower, afaik, is not used - it's for magic when/if it ever gets added. not too sure about this though.

If I remember right, the damage on weapons get divided by 10 somewhere, so 8 is actually pretty good. Also damblock just block from 0 to that number randomly.

age is measured in years, I think the small number is the youngest they can die from old age, and the biggest number is the oldest they can ever be.

12 is the number of years it takes to become an adult. I don't know how it determines how much the creature becomes pregnant, I think it's once per year if there is a member of the opposite sex on the map for wild animals and pets. no clue how it works for dwarves and such.

don't know the answer to any of the other ones, sorry.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 07:11:00 pm »

[LAYERING:x] has something to do with temperature regulation, as I recall. More layers prevents cold.
Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

thehunterunseen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:41:00 pm »

OLD WIKI-CREATURE TOKENS

the old Wiki had almost all of this info. An since most of it is still relavent it should be ported to the new wiki

[ November 16, 2007: Message edited by: thehunterunseen ]

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 11:55:00 pm »

Related question: What are, roughly, the values of something that isn't modified by a number? (For instance, [TRANCES].)  And what makes that number occur more frequently? (Is it a percentage scale, or some mysterious equation that Toady One made?)

Just curious if anyone else has done this...  I haven't done enough to get definative answers.

EDIT: Maybe the TRANCES modifier is based off of how many enemies the unit is facing?  I remember making a creature that had a lower number on its trances modifier ([TRANCES:2], I believe) and they seemed to go into a martial trance more often (I did it to my dwarves in Adventure mode, to make it more interesting).  I figured that the higher the number is, the more the trance would occur, but the opposite seems true.  I jacked it up to 80 for kicks (In this version; last experiment was in the older, 2D version) and my guy hasn't gone into a martial trance once, despite being surrounded by goblins at times (There may be something about unarmed and fleeing units not causing martial trances, though).

Has anyone else played with these numbers?

[ November 18, 2007: Message edited by: Dreamer ]

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 12:04:00 am »

Edit: misunderstood question above.

[ November 18, 2007: Message edited by: Bouchart ]