Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using DF hack to spawn seeds?  (Read 913 times)

Draupnir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Using DF hack to spawn seeds?
« on: June 23, 2023, 08:44:03 pm »

Hey guys, so I somehow generated a world where Dimple Cups and Plump Helmets don't seem to exist. No dwarf civs have access to them and they don't appear in the caverns.

That's fine, I know you can use DF hack to spawn items but I can't seem to get it to work.

createitem PLANT_GROWTH MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE is telling me I need to specify a valid growth ID, but there doesn't seem to be any.

Can I get help with this, or am I cursed in a world without any blue dye or dwarven wine?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Using DF hack to spawn seeds?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 10:45:25 pm »

Try createitem SEEDS PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_CUP_DIMPLE:SEED per https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Utility:DFHack/createitem#Seeds
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Draupnir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 10:59:46 pm »

"Unrecognized material" it says!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 11:28:01 pm »

I suspect it won't work if they don't exist in the world. Try that command in a world that is known to hav dimple cups, to see if it's the correct command. (I'm not at a computer with DF or I'd try it myself.)
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 02:34:15 am »

(There was something else here but it was in the wrong thread.)

Any way, I tested in my world and it is the correct command, it just spawned a dimple cup spawn.

By Armok's beard how did you get a world with out dimple cups or plump helmets in it? (maybe double check you did the command correctly?)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 04:09:17 am by Ziusudra »

Draupnir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2023, 03:00:22 pm »

(There was something else here but it was in the wrong thread.)

Any way, I tested in my world and it is the correct command, it just spawned a dimple cup spawn.

By Armok's beard how did you get a world with out dimple cups or plump helmets in it? (maybe double check you did the command correctly?)
I triple checked it, sadly.
I think the reason is that Armok blessed the dwarves with access to WAR ELEPHANTS ON EMBARK and so had to take plump helmets and dimple cups away as a balance.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023, 06:55:59 pm »

I triple checked it, sadly.
I think the reason is that Armok blessed the dwarves with access to WAR ELEPHANTS ON EMBARK and so had to take plump helmets and dimple cups away as a balance.

Are you using any mods? As long as plants are present in the raws, DFHack should be able to create them (and their seeds) - it wouldn't matter if your civ has access to them or not. Now, your civ might not be able to use the seeds, but that's a separate matter.

You could also try "gui/create-item".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.