Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: most embarrassing death  (Read 4030 times)

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
Re: most embarrassing death
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »

my most embarrassing death was:
i had just finished killing the minotaur XYZ and his horde of mudmen and snakemen, was wandering out of the cave and....
....a giant mole bit my arm off
i killed it but then died of blood loss
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

Naminator4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »

The most embarrassing death I had was when a giant ripped off my pants and beated me to death with them...
hat''s it for now.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »

Mine's not as bad as the above poster's, but that still doesn't make me like it any more.

Got a quest to kill some undead swordsman. I hire six dwarves to help me. I'm a fairly accomplished hammerdwarf at this time. I go to the ruins and proceed to stumble around while the dwarves kill everything that moves. We clear out the upper floors of the ruins together. When we get to the top floor and still haven't seen the swordsman, I turn on my meat sh... buddies.

I kill them all, no problem. The hammerdwarf that came with me leaves a blood trail several tiles long while trying to escape my wrath. He eventually succumbs to blood loss.

I gather up the loot, not realizing that encumbrance is implemented. I go downstairs and there's the swordsman. Somehow, I lose hold of my hammer and have to strangle him to death. I succeed, although I'm very tired and can't stand. Five seconds later? Struck down by a lowly zombie...

Narceh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

My first 'real' time playing adventure mode (as in beyond "let's see how this works") resulted in my fairly experienced but not very well equipped (slightly better than initial armor) hammerdwarf getting a slightly embarassing end.

Kogan Zokunthīkut, slayer of giants, whom wrestled with cyclops, had his heart, lungs and throat pierced by two kobold bowmen. He was strong enough to take the three steps necessary to reach the kobolds but fell dead before he could take a swing with his hammer.

Kobolds. Of all the creatures :P

JimmyJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 11:49:00 pm »

I had one of my earlier characters slicing goblins down is some sewers.... I walk into a room, it says something about how some cyclops or something saying " Now you are going to die", and i get slammed against a wall, and die  :(
et out of my signiture!!!!!!!!!!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 09:58:00 am »

during my pyro experiments a dog with all his limbs, tail and al of his body atleast mangled and a broken head tore out my throat
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Xeirxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 06:03:00 am »

Haven't had too many adventure games yet. One time, I was wandering around with a fellow Dwarf and we came across this hidden cave, so naturally we went to investigate. Upon entering the cave we spotted an Elite Kobold Marksman named something like... "Garageth". And he said, "Garageth!" (I never understood that.)
The first shot hit me straight in the face and totally took out one of my eyes, so I went running for it; my loyal companion wasn't so wise and took about 3 bolts before he keeled over with an impaled upper body. I narrowly escaped and went to sleep, but was freezing, so I woke up; I then proceeded to light a fire and sleep again next to it. I woke up on fire and burnt to death. Very embarrassing.

Diabl0658

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 04:57:00 pm »

i died from thirst, in my sleep

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 01:21:00 pm »

fighting a croc, it latches onto my arm and breaks a chunk off and grabs my weapon

i pick up the chunk and beat the croc to death with it, and proceed to smash things to pieces with it untill everything is dead, and as a grand finale i throw it at a minotaur, mangling its head and knocking it uncountious

i pick up my chunk again, take a few steps back, wait for the beast to wake up again and throw it again, this time no uncountiousness but after 2 hits from the silk earring(!) my adventurer somehow choose as a weapon he goes uncountious again and i just throw-and-pick-up him with my chunk till he dies

i died of thirst when walking back to the edge of the map

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Valarauka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »

On the way to my too-deeped fortress to pick up some kickass adamantine gear, my axedwarf got paralyzed and nibbled to death by a giant toad.

Guess he wouldn't've fared too well against the demon, eh?

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 10:29:00 pm »

My tough (though non-legendary) swordsman fought through hordes of goblins of all stripes in order to first slay an Elite Crossbowman, then recover the corpse of a fallen hammerman ally, only to be slain by a counterstrike from a sleeping goblin maceman which broke his neck and later suffocated him.
Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

OverrideB1

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Coffee-Drinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

Having inadvertantly earned outlaw status by innocently picking up something with the $ symbol in front of it (despite dropping it immediately), my dwarf couldn't get any humans to talk to him -- other than to tell him to stop talking to them.

Somewhat miffed at this turn of events, Reg Sundaggers started to brood on a suitable revenge. In the dead of night, the first guard fell to some superby pitched stones: providing Reg with a copper sword and a copper shield. Emboldened, Reg snuck into one of the dorms and proceeded to butcher all he encountered. Limbs, blood, and vomit splattered everywhere.

Like the bloody-handed reaver he'd become, Reg Sundaggers slew all in the town of Wheelpainted -- merchants, guards, even children fell before his blade. Spears, axes, hammers, flails, all were ineffectual. Until he met his final foe, his nemesis (as it turned out).

Reg Sundaggers was beaten to death... by a human child!

By the Beards of my Ancestors: There are Elephants inside the fortress. Seems like a good time to lie down right in front of them and... go to sleep
---last words of Cog Ingishontak, legendary Craftsdwarf

Trae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »

Probably my most successful cave raiding, I wasn't even on a quest.  I just picked the first cave I found and went in with I think 4 followers.  We were doing great.  Kobold after kobold fell at our might.  But the problem was that there was a flood of the things.  At least 30.  We didn't even get past the first room.  Why must things gang up on me!?
f it''s broke, fix it.
If it''s not broke, break it.

Telltolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Miriscus
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 07:06:00 am »

I had trained a legendary swordsman up, he was godlike. He could run through ruins destroying everything in his path. His name was Gisep Crowknife. One fateful day, I decided I'd take out that kobold cave, alone. I had ran through every kobold in my path, laughing like a madman I threw their dismembered bodyparts at whomever else approached me. Then, a hail of arrows rained down upon my head. I dodged and blocked most of them, but one hit me in the leg. No big deal, it caused little damage. I ripped it out and threw it at one of those elite bowmen shooting at me. That kobold was shot and killed. Then... an arrow struck me in the chest and pierced my heart. Death was near, and I knew it. I pulled that arrow out, and was about to throw it to the other bowman when... A regular kobold bowman snuck up on me and shot and killed me from behind.

The man that slew hoardes of undead, killed giants like they were rats, and could wipe out towns like stomping on roaches, was killed by a lowly kobold.
Gisep Crowknife the Youthful Copper Roses of Hoisting, you will be missed.

Pages: 1 2 [3]