Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A House of Knives [8/16]  (Read 1996 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A House of Knives [5/16]
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 03:27:00 pm »

the twist that everyone is on a team on their own.

What about is though? I thought that meant everyone was on a team?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2021, 03:34:29 pm »

the twist that everyone is on a team on their own.
What about is though? I thought that meant everyone was on a team?
What he means is that we are all third-party SKs.

Most of us will probably die from being executed in the voting phase or from having our role exposed in the dinner phase, but not all.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 04:17:31 pm »

What exactly is the win condition? Be the last team standing?

In btw

EDIT: I see it now, but you should bold "Be the last player alive by any means necessary"

It's easy to miss as is.

NotherEDIT:

Wait a minute. Does this mean that if your team survives, you have turn against them and take out your teamates?

Are votes public or by PM?
Votes are done by PM and who everybody voted for is not revealed. This has now been appropriately stated in the OP. And yes, beyond alliances that may form by PMs, or in public if you feel so bold, everyone is acting entirely independently. A few minor grammatical issues have also been fixed as well as a few rule changes.
  • Plates are now swapped in a random order. This was necessary because doing them the order they are posted makes Dinner Phase a game of who can be online last.
  • Tycoon has been modified to act during Dinner Phase and inform their target that they have been bribed at the beginning of Challenge Phase.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2021, 04:23:15 pm »

In btw

EDIT: I see it now, but you should bold "Be the last player alive by any means necessary"

It's easy to miss as is.

NotherEDIT:

Wait a minute. Does this mean that if your team survives, you have turn against them and take out your teamates?

Votes are done by PM and who everybody voted for is not revealed. This has now been appropriately stated in the OP. And yes, beyond alliances that may form by PMs, or in public if you feel so bold, everyone is acting entirely independently. A few minor grammatical issues have also been fixed as well as a few rule changes.
  • Plates are now swapped in a random order. This was necessary because doing them the order they are posted makes Dinner Phase a game of who can be online last.
  • Tycoon has been modified to act during Dinner Phase and inform their target that they have been bribed at the beginning of Challenge Phase.

Just checked and it stills says the tycoon acts during the voting phase...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2021, 04:25:41 pm »

In btw

It's easy to miss as is.

NotherEDIT:

Just checked and it stills says the tycoon acts during the voting phase...
I actually did change it but I managed to screw it up twice and changed it from Challenge Phase to Voting Phase. It was supposed to say Dinner Phase.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A House of Knives [6/16]
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 04:53:12 pm »

Ok!  Looks like it’s fixed.

Btw,  would it help with getting the game going faster if one or more people developed multiple personalities?  :P

Also, would it help if you posted an “Ad” in the mafia sub-forum with a link to this game?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 04:58:45 pm »

Ok!  Looks like it’s fixed.

Btw,  would it help with getting the game going faster if one or more people developed multiple personalities?  :P

Also, would it help if you posted an “Ad” in the mafia sub-forum with a link to this game?
The people on the mafia subforum are already aware this exists and have posted a link to it themselves on their mafia discussion thread.

As for the second part, I don't think so. Though if it doesn't fill up enough within a few days I could shrink the size down to eight players with some heavy rules modification.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 08:10:39 am »

At the rate this is filling, I'll have enough time to play. So consider me IN.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A House of Knives [7/16]
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2021, 03:20:28 pm »

In

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A House of Knives [8/16]
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2021, 09:57:11 pm »

Looks like we will have to go with 8 players.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2021, 10:49:43 pm »

In seems interesting

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2021, 02:21:16 am »

Sorry for leaving at the last minute, but I have to go out on this one. I've been dealing with a lot of university work and I don't think I'll have the time to participate in a game as intense as this one.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2021, 11:27:08 am »

As for the second part, I don't think so. Though if it doesn't fill up enough within a few days I could shrink the size down to eight players with some heavy rules modification.
I'm okay with 8 players.

For one thing though, how will we account for not every role being in use?
Pages: 1 [2]