Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Values, materials, multipliers... It's confusing!  (Read 813 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Values, materials, multipliers... It's confusing!
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:18:26 am »

I'm pretty sure the numbers here aren't correct.
I just wanted to make sure I understand this correctly. Marble has a material value of 2, rock blocks have a value of 5 so a marble block floor would have a value of 10. So a 3x3 room (13 walls  9 floors) would be worth 22x10=220. Let's say we add a marble chair value=2x10(base value of chair)x quality multiplier. And now what if the walls were engraved and the chair was encrusted with marble spikes?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Values, materials, multipliers... It's confusing!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:11:21 pm »

Decorations are added separately IIRC, as if they were separate objects. Overall quality does not apply to decorations.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: Values, materials, multipliers... It's confusing!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 03:24:08 am »

Item values are pretty straight forward.  A marble block will have a value of 10.  Room values become more complicated.  The standard reference here is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118751.0 from some time back, although nothing fundamental has changed iirc.  It needs some reading/calculating to understand.  :)