Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Insectoid Ambitions [SG]  (Read 2689 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insectoid Ambitions [SG]
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 09:43:20 pm »

We will need to build above ground either way, I do not like the idea of going to the desert, we can immediately begin farming and producing more soldiers if we want.

What about making the hive under the rivers?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 10:14:57 pm »

Settle downriver. Seems safe and the elves act as a buffer to what is causing trouble uphill
+1

What about making the hive under the rivers?
5. The Land Between Two Rivers. It is near impossible to dig here
Sadly I don't think we can do any digging.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 11:17:51 pm »

Settle downriver. Seems safe and the elves act as a buffer to what is causing trouble uphill
+1

+1 not only might they absorb some of the nastiness but we should get advanced warning in the form of something horrible happening to them first.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 09:34:14 am »

are we poisonous? can we use a slow working neurotoxin on the water? we are at the source. if we can poison most of them by being on top of the source for several days that is a win. have an antidote ready in case we can use elves as cattle.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 12:50:20 am »

+1

+1 not only might they absorb some of the nastiness but we should get advanced warning in the form of something horrible happening to them first.
+1.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 01:58:11 pm »

Wait, our spot destined to begin our colony is exactly where is the city?

How much they overwhelm us? The scouts have a notion of forces inside?

It seems so. Your scouts have not acquired any concrete numbers, but they note that there seems to be a rather paltry force by crusader standards.

are we poisonous? can we use a slow working neurotoxin on the water? we are at the source. if we can poison most of them by being on top of the source for several days that is a win. have an antidote ready in case we can use elves as cattle.

None of your current hive members are poisonous, sadly.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:54 pm »

For the city, we have two ways to take it without losing a lot of goodwill.

The first is we could be open with them and say we are refugees looking for a place to settle near them and can offer military forces to help defend them from the chaos if they let us build a hive outside their walls and farm the land.

The second is to surround the city and slaughter them all, maybe take down one of the walls or attack from a hidden area with magic.  We burn parts of the city and if anyone has a problem we can claim it was abandoned when we got here, wiped out from bandits or a military, probably.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 08:23:50 am »

If we had a diplomat... i would actually like to coexist on a basis that we can learn arcane stuff from them while not taking lots of shit when they want something...

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 10:54:23 am »

No diplomat, my suggestion would be asking the arcanists if there is a way they can help with taking down the city, otherwise we use the siege guy to blow up walls surround the city and kill the guard.  Then send everything in to find and dismember every elf and orc in the city.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 05:41:11 am »

Contextually, how much is a "Force Unit"? Using modern military as an example, is it roughly equivalent strength to a platoon? A Company? This way I can more easily visualize just how much weight we can throw around with our current soldiers.

Anyway, I'm keen on settling downriver.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 08:03:24 pm »

Settle downriver
Pages: 1 [2]