Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: You are Beast of Bay  (Read 5142 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: You are Beast of Bay
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2017, 01:03:25 am »

Okay.. so spare him and put him back in his body or put one of us in there, making him an abomination with one of us is not mercy.

A swift death would be more merciful then turning him into that which he hates.
Remind me why our charter is supposed to be 'merciful'?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2017, 01:14:59 am »

Okay.. so spare him and put him back in his body or put one of us in there, making him an abomination with one of us is not mercy.

A swift death would be more merciful then turning him into that which he hates.
Remind me why our charter is supposed to be 'merciful'?

PR?  I was all for being merciful to guys who are not religious zealots out to kill us, but that these guys and the knight need to be disposed of.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2017, 01:27:08 am »

Alright, I still fail to see how putting him in a harmless smaller body would be terribly cruel.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2017, 01:58:09 am »

I say bring his soul into the fold.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2017, 03:57:36 am »

Upon further consideration I say we keep him in the sword, but temporarily until we can find a plush teddy bear or something to transfer him into I agree that pulling "lapis Lazuli" would be pointlessly cruel, but we need information and everyone eventually spills, especially if we can prove to this guy that we never wanted to fight in the first place.

Furthermore, we should take control of his body. I'm sure we'll find some use for it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »

Sorry about the delay. Got 3 games to update, should have at least one of them finished soon. Had a lot of other stuff to deal with too.

Edit: Two games updated. Now I'll start tallying the votes for this one. Every time I thought I was ready to finish the turn for this, another storm of commands happened. I guess I should be glad this is getting popular though, heh.

Edit 2: Don't post yet by the way. Phew, me thinks I should update a bit sooner next time, so I don't have to process like 40 messages at once. That's like half the entire thread!

Update by the end of the day I promse.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:16:07 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2017, 08:01:29 pm »

All right, we've deliberated long enough. There's certainly more of us here now isn't there?

If I'm understanding this right, consensus is as follows. Put this "Helmacon" in the knight's body, and have the knight join the rest of you. I guess I'm glad we're not eating his soul, but thus is kind of a grey area isn't it? It seems doable enough though. Helmacon is gonna have to be put in the sword for a little for this to work though... I think? Let's try.

You turn to the cult leader.

"Could you remake that ritual circle? Sorry about burning it. Drastic measures were needed."

He bows for a moment.

"Yes, most if the unicorn is still usable. It won't be nearly as powerful, but it shouldn't take more than an hour to get things ready."

He shouts to the rest of your followers. "All right, you heard him. Get to work on that circle!"

We should probably step outside for a bit. Being confined in this cave is getting to me.

We walk down a long hallway charred black by flame. Little more remains of those who came to kill us than a few stray bits and pieces of metal.

As we continue down the narrow passage, a chill sets in. A cold wind shudders down my spine. I realize now that I have left the magical protection created by the cultists.

The shear cold tears into our skin like a variety of heated needles. Ahead is a wooden door. It is far less large and ostentatious door, and it still is open from when our intruders arrived. How rude.

I shove the door open the rest of the way, and am greeted by a frozen wasteland like nothing I've ever seen, except in pictures. I take in my surroundings and see a deep blue ocean to our right. Is this Antarctica? No wonder it took those hunters so long to arrive.

Despite the inner heat of our newly found magic, the cold is just too much. We head back inside and close the door.

Upon our return to the chamber, I can see that our followers have made remarkable progress. Perhaps I spent more time away in contemplation than I thought.

"Ah, you're back. Did you enjoy the scenery?"

The cult leader has an amusing grin on his face.

"Well, I've never been anywhere like this before. I think I'd remember if I did."

For a single instant, an image flashes in my mind of a three headed beast imprisoned in ice.

"Well, Antarctica isn't the most popular tourist destination. To think they were able to find us here... We'll have to retreat and establish a new base of operations. We're running out of options. Perhaps that place in North America..."

He seems deep in contemplation. We probably won't get through to him for a little while. I take another look at the circle. It looks like an array of concentric circles, hexagons, and triangles. It seems quite impressive. Of course, our magical knowledge isn't up to scratch.

Time continues to pass as I gaze upon our new sword, the soul inside it, and the body it used to inhabit. I've done my best to repair the damage. Really, that bit where I tore out the heart was kind of stupid, but in the heat of the moment it seemed like the proper thing to do. Something must be wrong with me.

"The circle is complete once more. Do you need anything else?"

"No."

I place the body inside of the innermost circle. With much trepidation, I stand above it with the flaming sword held downward and at the ready.

"..."

I should really be saying something dramatic, but I never took latin or anything. At least, I don't think I did. Well here goes nothing.

"Hie thee soul of the dead. I call to the Power of the Bay."

The blood red circle begins to glow and radiate a blue aura.

"Thy name and soul are the origin. Thou heart and soul are the key. Thy blade the gate."

The previously still air begins to whirl, and I place the tip of Edgar's sword over his chest.

"Thus are the names and fates of Edgar Kay and the one known as Helmacon to be exchanged. This is our will, and that of the Beast of Bay."

With that, I shove the sword into Edgar's chest once more. I feel a strange rush of energy as a 'controlling' presense leaves me. For a moment, I see the image of some sort of flaming mammal as this being enters the sword I'm using as a conduit.

As Helmacon enters the sword, Edgar's soul is drawn into me by the void left in their wake.

I push even harder with my magic, the intoxicating feeling seeping into my skin. I have no idea how long this us taking. It could be a minute or an hour, I'm so intensely focused. With a final rush, the sword ejects its contents into the limp body, which twitches violently.

With that compIete, we take a deep breath and remove the sword, dropping it to the side. A new presense begins to stir in my mind. You can all feel it too, can't you.

Edgar's body begins to stir, but I can't tell if Helmacon is in control yet. Only one way to go about this, and that's wait and see.

"Hoo. That was harder than I thought. Give me a moment to recover, all of you. And bring me more meat if you could. That would be excellent. I'll need more time to think of questions and other requests, so take a break."

Now then, what should we do?

It would probably be a good idea to check on Helmacon and properly welcome Edgar, but anything else is up in the air.

If you can think of a good place to hide from the inquisition, I'm all ears.

We should probably ask the leader a few more questions about this Beast of Bay stuff, even if it just raises more question.

I had this done much earlier, but the files up and died on me so I had to remake it from scratch. Much apologies.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2017, 08:57:23 pm »

Familiarize myself with my new body, and check my individual capacity for magic.

Do a little dance, make a little noise, try out my knight.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2017, 09:27:41 pm »

I'm thinking Australia.
Also, observe the dancing knight. Try to quell the possible horrified outburst from Edgarsoul.
Possibly have some tea? Good way to soothe the nerves and we can have a proper internal mono duo mulitlogue.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2017, 10:02:28 pm »

Yes. Nice secluded area as Edgar is one of us now. If he is still defiant, then we break his will.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2017, 10:38:09 pm »

We could always set something up beneath chernobyl, or one of those many islands between russia and Alaska?

Or the Gobi desert?, or Somewhere deep in the amazon?

As for the knight, how about dance WITH him?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:45:05 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2017, 11:33:53 pm »

join in any Morally justified outburst from Eadgarsoul in protest of the treatment that the others have been giving them. Shield him from the worst of the internal wrath and turmoil the others might inflict.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2017, 12:08:36 am »

You realise that you attempting to 'join in any morally justified outburst' means actively trying to injure or otherwise incapacitate our host?
It's a little early for a civil war, but I'm not beneath voting to do something drastic to you and Edgar both, in that eventuality.

How about let's avoid that option, and you argue for as many morally upstanding options as you like, but with some variety of chill.
Just as we expect (and receive) the same chill from our chaotic evil residents.

Now I'm voting for -nonviolently- appeasing Edgarsoul, and having a mutually beneficial conversation about life, death, his beliefs and our existence.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2017, 12:17:07 am »

Welcome Edgar, if you can hear me.  We now exist outside your reality, not sure what it looks like to you.

I was honestly just asking to put you out of your misery but they thought this was more merciful, so welcome to that fresh hell!

Anyway, to us your reality is a fiction, a fiction we do not really seem to care much about, that is why the dead are so insane.

So have fun.

Wonder if Beast guy heard that?

Whatever.  Y'all should get going.  NA or Australia seem good.

Also you should ask how they get more members, we should go on a recruiting drive!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2017, 01:29:47 am »

How about we put him inside a tickle me Elmo?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]