Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: You are Beast of Bay  (Read 5146 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Beast of Bay
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 04:38:47 pm »

Take his soul and hold it ransom

But really, she answers to 'mittens'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2017, 03:48:08 pm »

+ 1 to soul snacking him for the mana. If we are treated as a monster, might as well act the part. With this zealous loser anyway.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2017, 12:37:38 pm »

Ugh. Why is it that people would rather murder this guy than check if he's actually brain-damaged first?
Either way. prod the thread again.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2017, 03:40:03 pm »

"Stop! On second thought don't kill him." Phew, just in time.

Geez. Most of you sure are eager to take this guy's soul. Can we even do that? Most of the magic we tried so far has been fairly simple, if a bit overpowered. Hm, these guys may know something.

"Could we do anything with his soul?"

"I was wondering if you'd ask that. However, I won't accept anything worse than him ending up in the river."

Worse than the river is debatable isn't it? I'll keep him bound for now, and wake him up.

You walk over to the knight and push him into conciousness with a little magic. He startles upwards, and begins to try and break free. We give him a pointed look, and he stops.

"What is your name?"

He stares at us in confusion.  "I am Sir Edgar Kay of Camelot."

"Where we you born?" He looks at us in distaste.

"I'll not give you such details so that you can use me in some foul ritual!"

"That's not why I ask. I already know, as I read your mind."

"YOU! ...London England." He sighs. Wow, he'd be easy to bluff wouldn't he?

We ask him for a few more details, passing a bit of time. Since he seems sane, there's just one thing left to do.

"What is your quest?"

"I will not be made a mockery of!"

"WHAT? Is your favorite color?" He becomes silent. This is probably a cruel source of amusement, but I want to know if he'll talk.

After a bit longer, it is clear the answer is no. Before he has a chance to ponder anything else, we shove my right fist into his rib cage.

"I know it's yellow, by the way." I tear the heart out of his chest, and his bindings collapse. He reaches for it in desperation, unable to say a single word. Then, I stab him with his own blade. In theory, he's rather sentimental about it. Plus its already a magic object. If we want to store his soul somewhere, this is probably the best place to keep it for now.

Soul Bind

I feel something leave his body and enter the sword. Once the sword is bound to us, it should be easy to "reclaim" the magic in it, including his soul.

"I suppose I can't frown upon that course of action. What will you do with the body?"

I look at the heart in my hand. Probably best to put this back for now, and heal the damage before anything else.

Heal

Now then.. Reanimating him is tempting, but... Walking corpses aren't exactly inconspicous, so it'd be hard to travel with one. What if we used his body as a vessel for someone else? I'm not sure who, considering I can't seem to remember anyone.

"Could we summon someone into this body like you apparently did for this one?"

He takes a moment to think. "Summoning usually requires a close connection between the summoner and the target. Human souls are especially difficult to summon. Even with our reverece towards you, a large sacrifice and many days of casting were required. Do you have someone in mind?"

Yeah, I think I might. "Perhaps one of us could take over for awhile?"

He tilts his head. "You mean to transplant one of our souls into this body? We appreciate the offer, but doubt it would work well. Compatability is an issue. In a way, it is easier for something inhuman to borrow a soulless body than to transplant a human into another human."

Gah. Not what I meant. How do I put this?

"No, not one of you! One of me, er. Us. The voices in my head!"

It feels absolutely insane to say that out loud. "Ah, I see. The Beast is indeed a gestalt being. Such a thing should be possible for you, yes."

Good. Now then. Regardless of our final decision, before we start snacking on souls and go over the line to villiany, we should really consider things carefully.

Oh, and I'll look for our damned cat at some point, but I'm not exactly a miracle worker here. Well, I guess I kind of am, but that's something else entirely.

We should really get more answers fron these guys. I'll take a breather for now while we think this through. That sound good to you? I hope so.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:42:06 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2017, 03:56:50 pm »

can we get this transfer started soon? Maybe put mr Edgar back in his rightful body too? I'd rather be puppeting a knight I knew was still truly alive than controlling a husk of a person.

On the same note, I want out of this body simply because the other sides seem to prefer more murdery approaches. Also, the best spy is one that doesn't know they're spying, right?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2017, 06:15:43 pm »

So, should we do a vote box on who gets to run the knights body?
Quote from: Vote Box
Helmacon:[1]:Helmacon
Dustan Hache:[1]:Dustan Hache

err, maybe we should do a thing where you can't vote for yourself?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2017, 06:32:31 pm »

To be fair, I have no problems sharing it as long as we put Edgar back in his body too, and don't act quite so murderous while we are at it.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2017, 06:35:36 pm »

Helmacon:[2]:Helmacon, Puppyguard
How about we do this:

Helmacon gets this body first, Then Dustan Hache gets the next one, and I get the last one?

also I bet we can do multiple people in one body.
-1 to putting edgar in his body. I say we just keep his soul around for now.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2017, 07:59:15 pm »

Really man? We killed his buddies, wrecked his stuff, stabbed him in the chest and mana-vampire'd him, screwed around in his brain a bit for info, and just ripped his heart out and put his soul into his sword. Give him a freakin break already!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2017, 09:33:07 pm »

If we put him in his body and then take it over, that's kind of taunting him isn't it?

He attacked us with intent to kill so I say we keep him in his sword for later.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2017, 09:41:38 pm »

I mean, let's see how he goes in the sword for a bit.
It's not like there aren't other knights.

Plus our inclinations tend to run towards murderous.
Seems it's gonna be a pain to run against that.
Maybe fun, but definitely difficult.

Also I'm totally holding you to that cat thing
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2017, 09:59:14 pm »

If we put him in his body and then take it over, that's kind of taunting him isn't it?

He attacked us with intent to kill so I say we keep him in his sword for later.
At least he will have a body. We could also backseat and spy, like I wanted to do...
Also, don't you know there is such a thing as a fate worse than death?

Edit:
I mean, let's see how he goes in the sword for a bit.
It's not like there aren't other knights.

Plus our inclinations tend to run towards murderous.
Seems it's gonna be a pain to run against that.
Maybe fun, but definitely difficult.

Also I'm totally holding you to that cat thing
Correction: Your inclinations are murderous. This, being half suggestion game, is what makes it hard to run against.
You can hold me to the cat thing, but put the poor man back in his body. Now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:04:14 pm by Dustan Hache »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2017, 10:24:46 pm »

Oh man. Forcefulness is not a smart choice there.
I'm all for putting him back, but you could be a bit more diplomatic about it.
Otherwise we might think you're going to end up as a rogue element.
Plus that means we've lost a critical share of our 'niceguy' voting pool.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2017, 10:54:59 pm »

Helmacon:[3]:Helmacon, Puppyguard, Whisperling

-1 to putting the knight back in, as well.

As I see it, people have tended towards the murderous because we had a combat situation thrown at us before we knew all of what was going on. There was no practical way to know that the fireball would vaporize most of the group, and we did have to defend ourselves somehow.

Putting the knight back in his body just creates one more person trying to kill us. Edgar can hang around in the sword for a little while, while we figure out what to do with him. We can take part of the gestalt out and give him his body back once we're more informed, or we can figure out what else to make of the situation. He'll still be around when we revisit it.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2017, 11:39:37 pm »

Whisperling, I repeat again that we should put him back. He may of tried to kill us, but right now he is powerless and at our mercy. The least we can do as his unwilling host is to keep him alive WITHOUT putting him in one of those fates worse than death.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6