Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have no exported wealth?  (Read 928 times)

cyrohound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I have no exported wealth?
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:16:09 am »

I just made a new world, but despite having a broker and a bookkeeper (and the bookkeeper does have an office). I don't seem to have any exported wealth, despite trading well over 50,000 worth of goods to them for the past 3 or 4 times they've come to the fort. I have over 1 million fortress value, but I still can't get any nobles because of this. Do I have to do something else to get this to work? I looked up the noble requirements and as far as I can tell I do have all the requirements for my first baron/baroness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have no exported wealth?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:19:28 am »

I don't quite recall how it works, but to get a king you need to donate lots of stuff, not just trade it. There's an option on the trade screen to give merchants stuff for free (to be passed on to the king).

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:34:43 am »

What kind of goods have you been selling? If they aren't locally made (i.e. they have parentheses around their names), then they do not count toward exported wealth.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 08:59:23 am »

What version are you playing?

cyrohound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 11:05:04 am »

I am playing version.42.05.  All I am selling to merchants are rock/shell/bone crafts and prepared food. I know I haven't imported any rocks, shells or bones, so there's no way I'm exporting stuff I didn't make. I have a tilepack, but no mods.

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 11:59:00 am »

Dwarf Fortress 0.42.06 Released
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:56:51 pm »
Major bug fixes
   (*) Counted exported wealth properly again (old saves will start counting w/ next caravan that leaves)

So close.  This was fixed in .42.06

cyrohound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 12:17:11 pm »

*sigh* I'll see if my tileset still works in 42.06.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 03:59:18 pm »

I've played a lot of forts where I never "o"ffered anything, just traded. And yet, I eventually got my own nobility (I would also inherit other forts barons and etc, but those don't count). I think it's because I was giving the traders extreme profits (trading twice as much worth as I received) Is that right?
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 11:32:08 pm »

You might also try digging through the forums around that time period to see what workarounds people came up with.  I seem to remember being able to change certain raws settings so that goblins would invade and human caravans would show up.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 12:51:04 am »

You might also try digging through the forums around that time period to see what workarounds people came up with.  I seem to remember being able to change certain raws settings so that goblins would invade and human caravans would show up.
Goblins have no relation to wealth in vanilla DF. Should work just fine in 42.05.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 12:52:16 am »

I've played a lot of forts where I never "o"ffered anything, just traded. And yet, I eventually got my own nobility (I would also inherit other forts barons and etc, but those don't count). I think it's because I was giving the traders extreme profits (trading twice as much worth as I received) Is that right?
I think it's just the king. Regular nobles don't need offers.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 05:14:22 am »

The trade value bug prevented human caravans from showing up. You can work around that either by using a hex editor and set the export value to whatever you like (cumbersome), or, easier, change the entity_default.txt file in the save. Either you need to change a [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:0] entry under the human section to [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1], or you need to insert the missing tag (I don't remember which case it is). Human caravans only show up if a small amount of trade has been conducted (with dwarves or elves). By modifying/inserting the trigger for produced wealth you cause human caravans to show up regardless of trade (they can show up the first summer if the trigger is set from the start, which is probably the reason for the trigger: the dwarves should be the first ones to arrive).

You probably need to use a hex editor to satisfy the monarch appearance check, though.