Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lazy/Stupid Dwarves won't haul?  (Read 5033 times)

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy/Stupid Dwarves won't haul?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 05:12:02 am »

The how it happened...
Accidental keypresss. The w key is beside the q key.
It happens.  :P

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 08:25:02 am »

You took my response to be a misleading and non-helpful reply, for what? The loose "The only other things that could be stopping the other dwarfs is that they are unable to find a path to the items" statement?

I did not intend to suggest your response was non-helpful; my concern was that the word "only" implied that you had provided an exhaustive list of all possibilities. Since OP's problem had already been identified as a wheelbarrow issue, I thought it would be mildly-humorous to mention some long-shot "hauling problem" scenarios that you hadn't included. I was not seriously suggesting that OP's dwarves were suffering from a grasp-targeted syndrome, but rather illustrating that with the complexity of Dwarf Fortress a truly comprehensive list of hauling problems is nearly impossible to complete. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 11:11:53 am »

There was a dwarf that was working the stockpile and a bunch of others that were idling. There were no other options other than the wheelbarrow setting.. unless the other dwarfs were separated from the stockpile, possibly by that moat. I do understand how complex DF is... or rather, I understand how complex it is in relation to all other computer games and most simulation software.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.
Pages: 1 [2]