Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Most retarded thing you've seen a dwarf (or many) do  (Read 11027 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most retarded thing you've seen a dwarf (or many) do
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 05:00:07 am »

Almost none of my military dorfs have their equipment. We have it and they are supposed to be wearing it, but aren't.
If you've assigned the equipment to be worn over clothing you've probably got item clashes. A cap prevents the use of a helmet, for instance. Thus, you either select only armor that's compatible with all clothing, or set the armor to replace clothing (you can designate clothing items to be assigned, but they're not smart enough to replace worn clothing).
Hm, if military dorfs are supposed to be smart enough to replace damaged armor, maybe they should be smart enough to replace "damaged" clothing uniform parts as well? Has anyone tested this in 0.43.05?

CLF3FTW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2016, 12:35:21 pm »

Thanks! It works.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2016, 06:13:49 pm »

Hm, if military dorfs are supposed to be smart enough to replace damaged armor, maybe they should be smart enough to replace "damaged" clothing uniform parts as well? Has anyone tested this in 0.43.05?
I think they do upgrade, based on perceived value and some other factors (job priority?), just like the civilian uniforms. In 43.05 I've seen military dwarves equip newer metal and leather gear while it is being produced. I have not seen them grab newer cloth but I'm sort of blind and numb to dwarves dropping clothing everywhere.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2016, 07:54:10 pm »

They did upgrade armor and weapons to higher quality ones prior to the introduction of combat damage, but they did not upgrade worn uniform clothing pieces. The question is if they replace damaged/worn gear because of degradation, which could be seen if they were observed to replace damaged masterworks items for pristine ones of the same material.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2016, 03:55:20 pm »

One time I started my fort in a hamlet. Next thing I know nearly all of my dwarves have jumped off a bridge. they weren't even depressed, they apparently didn't realize it'd be fatal. Also I found a kobold's corpse at the bottom of the waterfall. it must have jumped too.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]