Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to get your username changed on b12?  (Read 744 times)

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
  • NOW I AM ONE WITH THE COSMOS
    • View Profile
Is it possible to get your username changed on b12?
« on: October 19, 2016, 12:41:33 pm »

Is it possible for a member to change, or get changed, their forum username? Or is it easier to make a new account? Is that frowned on?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to get your username changed on b12?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 12:45:51 pm »

It's possible. Just have to float toady one a PM asking for it. Reception wise, I don't think many people really care about it. Just don't be surprised if folks don't recognize you for a while :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:47:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 05:29:20 pm »

Yeah, it definitely is. Mine used to be jwoodward48df, but my new one is much more Dwarven.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 06:04:46 pm »

Change it to Seventy-four s. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 06:24:35 pm »

Actually, it's read: SEVEN FOUR s = Sevenforce

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 06:26:04 pm »

So then... change it to 4444444?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 06:42:23 pm »

my nickname is the best nickname. its perfect blend of anonymity and personality, with a touch of foreign exoticism to drive the senses wild.

i'm sorry i had no sleep last night, please excuse me.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Infinityforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 07:25:35 pm »

(Forgive me for rambling. I am also sleep deprived.)

The enigmatic mystery of name, Form arising from name, Name is our creation/thought, but why should it just be online?
Your true name is unspoken, but to everyone else it is manifest as you wish it to be. One amongst millions, what is a username?Is it something we choose? or does it choose us?
There is a saying:
"What comes out of you is what's inside you"
and
"When you open your mouth, the depth of your heart can be seen"

What is a username? It's like a custom word to describe ourselves in snapshot.
It is our single "word" that we use to encapsulate, identify, define and create our view of ourselves and therefore our view of the world.
There are no rules, and it can be whatever you like. In a lot of ways it's wish-fulfilment for being whoever or whatever we like.
In another way, it's like a sigil, or personal rune.
When a name is spoken, it's like a poem that tells others who you are.
When a name is written, it's like a stamp that belongs to you.
When a name is thought of, it's like a dream of formlessness and being without name

Names have magical significance. To know the name of something is to know it. Knowing the name of buddhas, for examples, buddhists do praise and homage to countless buddhas by meditating on their names and remembering them.
People call on the name of the lord too, which is "his" description.
   In Sikhi, the name of the lord is "Sat Nam" "Truth is the name of God" and is explicitly stated in the core scripture Japji Sahib - Mool Mantar in the second phrase.
Guru Gobind Singh, has said "I sow the infinite names of God, I am not pleased with worldly descriptions"
In Islam and Judaism too, the names of God are revered as being GOD'S VERY ESSENCE.
In lots of religions, God's names are in the 100s. In Hinduism, Gods and Goddesses had even more names than that! Most of the major deities of Hinduism have at least 1000 names, that are still preserved in texts.
Dark magicians also use the names of demons, and call them by name. But all names are eventually one = NAMELESS OR UNNAMED

And, to think, we only have 1 username to make our entire existence on, when Kings have titles, Sheriffs have rank, but even a Husband is a kind of title, and sometimes so are insults and praise. Maybe we are shitheads. Maybe we are buddhas. Maybe we are all infinite parts of an infinite reality. Maybe there is nothing and just ZERO, like our world is an anomaly.

All we can be sure of is that we can choose one, or maybe more than one, but no matter what, we have to stick by it, because it's what comes out of us, what is in us, and what we want it to be, it a single word to describe everything.

"For a samurai, a simple word is important no matter where he may be. By just one single word martial valor can be made apparent. In peaceful times words show one's bravery. In troubled times, too, one knows that by a single word his strength or cowardice can be seen. This single word is the flower of one's heart. It is not something said simply with one's mouth." Hagakure