Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fractured Space: Space Warship Battles in Space Where Warships Battle  (Read 6983 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Fractured Space: Space Warship Battles in Space Where Warships Battle
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 05:19:07 pm »

I find flagships ungodly frustrating in this game. Like, point blank at an enemy light ship pumping him with flak and  he takes hardly any damage while I die in seconds.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 05:22:53 pm »

dunno. i found flagships to be quite good. just to slow. so, yeah, there are better ships in this game, but also much worse.
a tip: the shells will explode after reaching their maximum range and then do aoe damage. close however you have to hit to do any damage.
also make sure to use your point defense (4 or f) and your own missiles. hope that helps.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Carrier has arrived.

Along with other things that are not nearly as easy to make an SC2 reference of, like ramming and more crew peoples.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am interested to see how the carrier performs...need to unlock it first though...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2016, 04:06:08 pm »

Space Warship Battles in Space Where Warships Battle is apparently becoming not-a-early-access-thing soon, because its having a proper launch. Still f2p.

A recent announcement on the steam page if you don't want to look at the video below.
Heres the Jingles video where I found out about said soon-release in the first place. Theres new stuff and things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2016, 06:15:36 pm »

Any recent opinions on this game? The steam reviews are positive, but I'd trust you guys more.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 06:22:25 am »

my brother plays it and he enjoys it quite a bit, I couldn't get into it because omg the user interface is a hot ugly mess

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2016, 01:13:50 pm »

Started playing it just now. Short opinion: ye gods a MOBA that I can tolerate.

Specifically:
1. Ships and loadouts are legitimately sidegrades and different playstyles rather than flatly superior/inferior. Not kidding, I've been rocking in the ship that's so vanilla that they use it in the tutorial.

2. Everything unlocks for free, and pretty fast - six matches got me enough credits to buy half the ship upgrades I wanted, and would have been enough to buy one or two medium/low price ships.

3. No usual MOBA bullshit, just skill as a pilot, situational & map awareness, and aim.

4. Heavily rewards thinking ahead. You can still fight/heal/whatever while spooling the jump drive up, and it takes a couple seconds (but massively increases the damage you take during that time), so it's really an easy-learn hard-master aspect of the game.

5. Dunno about the UI complaints. Maybe it improved since Early Access? The only thing I'm bugged by is the lack of a collision alarm; most of my deaths have been from running into a rock and going dead in the void because I was looking backward/sideways to aim. The missile alarm is nice and loud, for one. Also cool how point defense is a toggle rather than a flat cooldown.

And at the end of the day it's free and a fairly small download, so why not try?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 [3]