Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fractured Space: Space Warship Battles in Space Where Warships Battle  (Read 6984 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fractured Space: Space Warship Battles in Space Where Warships Battle
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »

It's mostly a matter of the play style they're going for. Faux-tactical lobfests across hundreds of kilometers of space doesn't make for good cinematics, at the very least. Having hard range caps means that you have to get up close and personal, and this means that things like situational awareness and maneuvering actually become important.
Seconded situational awareness. I just finished the third game where I was able to stealth cap over 50% of the enemy base, WITH PEOPLE AT THE BASE NOT FIRING AT ME. From what I can see, when you cap the enemy's forward base in either alpha or beta, HIT THE MAIN BASE. Don't wait, just do it. If you've killed one or two ships, even better, as it can take up to a minute for them to respawn, and hopefully your team is keeping them busy on the other side.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 11:08:23 pm »

gawd this game is so horribly unbalanced. most of the ships are outright shit.

flagships are quite good, but painfully slow and rather short ranged. can be awsome if no enemy sniper is present.

snipers = godmode with incredible damage and range. quick upgrade from flagship. can be unlocked within 3-4 games. only downside of this ship is that its just to easy and feels like cheating.
tip: stay clear from the gun upgrade. tho it has a longer range, it has a much slower shot speed, and only half  the damage of the rail. it also needs to charge. big waste of credits and xp.

hunters are incredible fun, especially with upgraded blink. even have a decent chance against sinpers then.

brawlers are very strong when the harpune is used correctly. dont fly this if there is an enemy sniper.

in my oppinion, all the other ships are not worth unlocking, and are very rarely seen in game. sometimes i do see frigates and equalizers, and they are very fast and difficult to hit. albeit, they seem to have difficulties to kill anything and die like fly to flagships and more so brawlers. once i seen an equalizer have a quite good kd/r tho. emphasis on once and quite.

edit: corvettes are quite popular and a great force multiplyer with their repair beam. sadly, their offensive capabilities are crap, and the game wont award anything for repairs. takes a greater man then i am to fly them.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:51:26 pm by motorbitch »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 01:14:32 am »

The equalizer is THE ninja capturer. Having the highest speed in the game and the acceleration gate that increases speed for yourself and others who follow you. Haven't faced a sniper yet with it, but overall focus on trying to be annoying, most ships take quite a while to get from the center of one of the two side areas back to their large dock, usually you will end up capping it and being able to jump to their base which prompts several ships from both sides of the map to jump back to deal with 1 ship.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 01:23:53 am »

Recent game I had had some kind of co-operation. Had a sniper pushing a side for me while I stealth capped all the available nodes.

Enemies were far too focused in dogfighting to notice one side of the field had already been taken, which I used to gleefully jump to their base.

Spent a good chunk flying around capping the outposts instead of the main base, luring the enemies back and allowing my team a good kill and they capped the remaining contested nodes.

Push comes to shove, we forwarded to enemy base, intentionally got damaged, retreated for repairs while the sniper lured them away from base and jumped back took the flag from their sheets.

It was a good day.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 03:04:40 am »

well...I'll have to take back what I said, the equalizer isn't the best capturer since the hunter performs just as well at moving around with its jump ability, ontop of being a decent brawler. When I actually look at the numbers and see what it can do, it is actually horrible. 50 seconds cooldown on its manuverability skill that is next to impossible to have an ally use it, lowest hp in the game, dps of about 100(lowest in the game if I'm not mistaken). A plasma torpedo that does ok amount of damage but it has a 50 second cooldown. A purge ability that only works on 3 of the debuffs in the game(the 3 with the shortest duration), and also has a 50 second cooldown. The only real thing going for it is the detection bouy, yet in game when I've dropped it on a stealthed ship, nothing happened.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:14:12 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 05:42:50 am »

Anyone else feel like the matches take too long? They really feel slow. Other than that, I've been having dreadful lag for reasons beyond my understanding and the enemies feel horribly bullet-spongey.

It's a fun game but boy can a pitched battle between 3-4 ships on either side just drag on.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 01:58:57 pm »

I've been enjoying it.  Individual combat may take just a bit too long, especially since you have to keep on the hotkeys pretty consistently.  But I've been having fun boosting around as a capital ship and faffing my way into the enemy lines!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 02:05:19 pm »

It definitly needs some balance, but hey that's what's alpha is for. Joining matches that are still in pre-match warmup usually results in a 'join failed' message but I hear the devs are on it.
I did have quite a bit of fun playing a few matches with a corvette, and a few more with a hunter. Next time I'll try out the flagship.
Matches can take forever though. Geesh.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 02:26:09 pm »

Played a single match so far, the game does feel like its too long, and id say the map is too big for the amount of players. On top of that from my short experience it seems you just use skills on cooldown, with little to no strategy. Will give it another look tough, the idea is good but it needs some pretty big changes to work IMO. And a re-design to the map and lanes is totaly needed in my opinion.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 03:03:45 pm »

unlocked the reaper.  it has a dual pea shooter, a tickle beam, short range missiles and slowmotion fighters.. when shooting dead on, it can even use the tickle beam and fire both the pea shooters.
my advise was not to waste exp on it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 05:24:48 pm »

The matches perhaps are a bit long indeed, but they seem to be consistant at least at ~20 minutes. Feel relatively helpful in my little corvette, healing flagships and snipers; sometimes remembering I have a defense field, managing to get a kill, 9 assists, and 8 captures after 2 games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 05:30:13 pm »

I kinda wish there was a carrier ship similar to the carriers in World of Warships where you attack mostly with strike craft or intercept them.

The Flagship is decent fun but i don't really see plasma drones doing any real damage... then again combat is a mess where all i see is numbers going down. Then i die and watch more numbers go down before i respawn ad infinitum... or untill one team wins.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2015, 01:13:18 pm »

got the game on the free weekend.

the UI is straight out of the 90's, I managed to tolerate it as far as getting into the game queue and then I was faced with dozen of lobbies, with random number and status warmup, how the heck I am supposed to know if I am welcome, or if the starter ship has a chance in the group?

ptw, maybe it will get into game territory later on, now is too much alpha.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 02:09:31 pm »

all the servers in the lobbies are waiting for players. status warm up means the game hasnt started yet.
the starter ships are all quite good. most of the unlocks are actually much much worse.
i would not worry if youre welcome or not. even now with the weekend almost over the vast majority of players have just started with the game, and as long as you are not inactive everything will be fine.
at least, i havnt seen much rageing yet,

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 02:20:01 pm »

I haven't seen any, unless a guy shouting GO HOME counts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3