Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Fortress names!  (Read 6433 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Fortress names!
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2007, 03:47:00 am »

The Big House of Cakes.
The Glee of Glee
Burnedfaces the Pain of Playing (with Matches!)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DuncanFrost

• Bay Watcher
  • Urban Legendary
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt account.
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2007, 04:28:00 am »

I had a fortress called Godgod the Godly God God-God God. Dwarven: Nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom.   :cool:
Toady looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!
Toady has butchered a spammer!

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2007, 04:44:00 am »

Aren't you missing a "of god" at the end?

I recently aquired a squad named "The smiths of bones"
Which is a huge coincidence because my fort is named "Skullhammers"

The only problem with that squad is that it's led by...

...a soap maker.

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Fijgum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2007, 10:19:00 am »

I didn't get the name giving mechanism so I klicked some stuff and suddenly the name was there:

Agepeace the Brilliant Ashen Anger-Breakfeast

I lol'd at anger-breakfeast :>

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2007, 05:36:00 pm »

Rooster Teeth:
Darålnitig Angenôrtosidtobul Nokzam
Clockbite the Red Blue Armored-Canyon of Battles

Maybe substitute Bidok, "of Acting," for that last word... I mean, we are talking machinima here...  :D

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

i got "Guardedearths"

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

I tend to randomly generate the names. Tend to be more interesting that way. The last one I had was 'Slaughterbolted' which was rather fitting, as I used the fortress to expirement with magma. Interestingly, it was the goblins that wound up killing it, not my misadventures with molten rock.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

Nate879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

I have "the evil ungodly balls of rape"
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don''t.<P>The ultimate fate of the universe.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2008, 02:34:00 pm »

I named my Fortress Lolokgeshud Vanel, or "The Granite Fortress of Visionaries", Apparently those visionaries are blind. Most of my wonderful fortress is made from Chalk walls. The more fancy places are made of Chalk Block. There is a small section made of platinum, and a few small places made of materials that were just smoothed instead of totally replaced. It kind of annoys me, but is mostly my own fault. Chalk is just as happiness inducing as Granite, and much, MUCH more plentiful. I've got over 1000 Chalk rocks sitting idle, and have an entire level made out of placed chalk instead of dug chalk. Most of my doors are out of chalk, Buildings out of chalk, even furniture out of chalk. If I had 1000 Granite stones, I still wouldn't do massive reconstruction out of granite because of the effort involved for no gain. Well, I would just to match the name, I've done wierder things involving my fortress then that  ;)
Still, Someone needs to remove the dust from my Dwarves eyes so they can see it's clearly a Chalk fortress. Damn blind visionaries.

I thought there was granite in them thar hills before I named my fortress, and the hills are called the Mountains of Visionaries. Ahh well.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

Not mine, but I remember seeing this one somewhere.

Agak ustos, the anus of anger.

obles make fine firewood.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

Who necro'd this and why? When I saw "the new naming system" I knew something was wrong.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »

Dates demonstrate Thread Necromancy. This thread appears to have been revived twice if you feel that 15+ days qualifies for dead. The first was by Vugor posted January 24, 2008 01:24 PM (from Dec 6th)
The Second was by Nate879 posted February 17, 2008 01:34 PM (From Jan 24th)
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

We keep bringing it back because people keep making new threads for the exact same topic.  :mad:
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »

"Darkforest the Green Tower of Watchfulness".  I've forgotten the group name, but I'll get it soon enough.

This is a green glass tower-fort built in the middle of a terrifying evergreen forest.  It's actually pretty awesome here.  The only problem is that the forest in question is called "the Stupid Forest", instead of something cool.

For those who haven't played an evil forest map yet, I highly recommend it.  There's just something really cool about seeing spiderweb clusters in a patch of trees.

beholder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

I like to call mine babrinimatar or something similar. it means " The Friendly Castle"
dunno why i like it but i do
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]