Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The relationship help/advice thread  (Read 5017 times)

saintdick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The relationship help/advice thread
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 05:55:37 pm »

That sucks

Goatex

• Bay Watcher
  • I like DF. :) I draw and write.
    • View Profile
Re: The relationship help/advice thread
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 01:25:33 pm »

Hi, so I'm gonna write this about the question about the long distance relationship.

My story so far, I'm married and very happy since 2 years with a girl I met and had a long distance relationship for 4 years after we lived in the same place for 1 year.

I won't go into too much detail, but the general rules are these :

- Set the ground rules and talk about it, if it isn't working change them. Like, is it ok to see other people or not, how much call time your can both offer during a week and so on.
- Use things like Skype, or something even more personal like Between - Private Couples App, just keep those video calls between the two of you yours, keep them intimate. Make a distinction between when calling together with friends like during a party or smt, and the ones only between the two of you.
- Plan when you're going to see each other and try to stick the dates, the longer the time between waits the better it is when you see each other, but it hurts more when you cancel.
- (very important) Have a long-term plan to move somewhere and live together, a long distance relationship is painful and will slowly fail.

Hope that helps, cheers!  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]