Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: artifact slade warhammer?  (Read 6004 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: artifact slade warhammer?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 02:19:55 pm »

So platinum warhammers may not be nearly as good as they once were either?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 02:35:19 pm »

So platinum warhammers may not be nearly as good as they once were either?
A platinum warhammer will still bounce off steel plate over steel mail but it can punch right through a steel helmet and lodge itself in someones brain basket pretty easily. Platinum warhammers are serious business.

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

They bounce off armor, but if you hit the target just right from my testing, you still can break some limbs through, even steel armor.

If for whatever reason you can't break the head, there's a solid chance to break the neck now too.
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 04:37:47 pm »

My guess is it's the side effects from the extreme weight. Getting tired faster and attacking less often is a huge penalty.

In that case, I wonder if an Elephant Man or other similarly huge humanoid could wield a slade warhammer without such side effects. They should be stronger and able to handle the weight better, right? Or would a slade weapon be too much weight even for giants?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 05:02:07 pm »

Unfortunately, Armor User calculations don't exactly care for the large size of creatures - a dwarf the size of sperm whale can only crawl with armor sized for them.

I wouldn't be surprised that this is the case for weapons too, with more importance given to strength than size.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 05:34:52 pm »

A giant probably wouldn't tucker itself out quite as quickly but I don't think the game can generate the kind of absurd effectiveness people want.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 03:35:25 am »

To derail the thread a little, better usage of slade would probably be as either floor onto which enemies are intended to fall (as damage from falls is dependent on the material fallen onto), or as the stone in s stone fall trap (it should be quite effective in squishing whatever it happens to hit, but I guess it might still just be a toe...).
Pages: 1 [2]