Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Monster Masters WWII RPG OOC: Game Start!  (Read 2446 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Masters WWII RPG OOC: Character Sheets Up!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 08:57:52 pm »

Stupid question: is there a move limit for Monsters ?

Practical answer: Yes. You start with One if you have a normal monster, or Two if you are a Human-like. My fault, I knew I should have bolded them :0.

Unpractical answer: There is not upper limit on moves, however you can only get them at Level Ups, and it may or may not cost points that could go to stats. Practically, there will probably not be a lot of available moves for single creatures, and many will be better versions of moves the creatures already have.
That's what I suspected. Will modify my sheet accordingly then !

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 09:22:49 pm »

Spoiler: Falder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kricket (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:27:37 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 03:34:09 am »

Spoiler: Anfisa, Harpy (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 06:36:49 pm »

Woopseis, wrong tab :0.

Currently, all finished character sheets have been put in the OP. There are two humans, one focusing on attack and one balanced. The Human-like seems to be an agile attacker. I'll give it a couple of more days for everyone who expressed interest to at least see we have character sheets now, then the game will start. Characters can still join after the game starts, at any time, with no waitlist.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:39:24 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 10:12:21 am »

Is it time for us to kick some Nazi ass?
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 11:38:48 am »

Actually, we needn't beat that dead horse again. The great depression and its aftermath, made multiple countries weak enough that coups were made on the old government. To name a few; Mussolini in Italy, Vargas in Brazil, the Military Clique in Japan, Hitler in Germany, Metaxas in Greece, Stalin in the Soviet Union, Franco in Spain.

Either way, as we are playing in a fantasy+ "world", the allies and the axis - or their actions - may very well be different from history.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 11:44:43 am »

Let's see how viable this build is.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:08:57 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 12:38:41 pm »

Not yet, 3/6 people who have expressed interest have currently signed up. I think I will start Monday, after work.

Actually, we needn't beat that dead horse again. The great depression and its aftermath, made multiple countries weak enough that coups were made on the old government. To name a few; Mussolini in Italy, Vargas in Brazil, the Military Clique in Japan, Hitler in Germany, Metaxas in Greece, Stalin in the Soviet Union, Franco in Spain.

Either way, as we are playing in a fantasy+ "world", the allies and the axis - or their actions - may very well be different from history.

Allies and Axis are /roughly/ the same nations as in the Real World, for the sake of simplicity and historical interest. Some of their actions are certainly different, and I am on the fence of leaving Historical leaders in place or replacing them with fictional ones (leaning towards fictional). For example, the Nazis exist, but are *probably* less Nazi-ish than in real life (Stirk can hardly right an effective story involving concentration camps :0. Really a downer there. If something like that exists in the setting, none of the characters know about it.) and *probably* aren't lead by Hitler.

Front wise, you will probably be hopping around fighting a diverse array of enemies to whatever the plot demands. The battles will be based very loosely on actual battles from the war, which means the course of the war can easily be changed by player actions. Nazis will be shot (It wouldn't be a WWII game without Nazi-shaped targets :P), so will Imperial Japanese troops (at least some of my own great grandparents fought in this front, and considering how large and influence the Japanese had on the genre it is only fair), so will the Italians, the Greek are still fighting the Axis forces, the Soviets are (at least going to be) part of the Allies, Spain will *try* to stay /neutral/ as in real life (but we will have to see how well that works out :P).

1. You have to have at least a 1 in every Stat (Mostly to avoid divide by zero errors, a little bit for balance).
2. Would you mind choosing a weaker weapon? As a Human-like, you are capable of using human weaponry. Having a Browning as your starting 10 damage weapon makes it hard to upgrade to something stronger later in the game  :-\.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 01:09:56 pm »

Adjusted my stats and swapped the M2 to a BAR.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »

How...familiar ;)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 01:54:04 pm »

I like using 'Ferratus' as the name for most of my animated armor characters. It sounds pretty good, and it means 'covered in iron' so it also fits pretty well meaning-wise.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 07:00:19 pm »

Alright! Game is up! As planned, you are starting in boot camp, with major modifications to make it fit in a game :P. Go ahead and start as soon as you posted your character sheets.

Pages: 1 2 [3]