Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buggy lye  (Read 587 times)

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Buggy lye
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:39:10 am »

So, I was thinking of doing something silly and making a great big dome out of clear glass. I made a few blocks, and was then inundated with cancellation spam. "Can't make potash, needs lye..."

So, I made more lye. Spam continued.

So, much later, I looked up the old bug and noticed that lye seems to be unobtainable when it's barreled. So I did the old (supposedly needless) workaround and made a lye pile without barrels. The problem continues. I can see the buckets in the stockpile, within 20 urists of the ashery, and yet the dwarves insist that there's no lye anywhere in the fort.

Strange thing, why did the first nine blocks succeed? Why do they fail now? I think I read that this bug was "fixed," but it still seems to be failing.

Should I submit a bug report? Has anyone else noticed this or found a workaround?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Buggy lye
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:52:00 pm »

You don't need lye to make glass. Burn ash to potash, turn potash to pearl ash, use pearl ash and sand to make clear glass.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Buggy lye
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:56:35 pm »

You don't need lye to make glass. Burn ash to potash, turn potash to pearl ash, use pearl ash and sand to make clear glass.
Point. And in the midst of this, I've somehow managed to make soap.