Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 7 pages of Carp Versus 2 Waterfalls.  (Read 1800 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
7 pages of Carp Versus 2 Waterfalls.
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »

I have just found this map at the junction of a major river, normal river, minor river and a stream. It is amazing. There is a natural island in the middle of the rivers with two waterfalls surrounding it. Unfortunately there are 7 pages of carp and 2 aquifers. This is all with-in a 4x3 area.
The funny thing is that the suicidal carp keep swimming off of the largest waterfall. This causes them to gain red wounds and nearly everything downstream of the waterfall is covered in fish blood. This has got to be one of the most difficult maps I have attempted.

Here it is: Galleyrooters

I will give the seed if requested.

poisonlizard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: 7 pages of Carp Versus 2 Waterfalls.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

That is awesome.  I would love the seed if you can.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »

Agreed.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:13:00 pm »

gimme seed!
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:28:00 pm »

Ok here it is:

[TITLE:MEDIUM]
[SEED:2652434239]
[DIM:129:129]

Reynard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 10:47:00 pm »

Very awesome. Considered running it through the visualizer? I love that thing, and it's easier to get a sense of scale.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 11:06:00 am »

Newb question, where can i find the seeds of my generated worlds and where do i insert the seeds of pregenerated worlds? Thanks. Lovely area btw.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Doppel:
<STRONG>Newb question, where can i find the seeds of my generated worlds and where do i insert the seeds of pregenerated worlds? Thanks. Lovely area btw.</STRONG>

In Fortress mode, hit [Esc], then choose export local image. I think this makes a text file in your DF folder with world info, including the seed.

While generating a new world, before the world gen starts, press and then the seed number to enter the seed.

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Crushy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 05:59:00 pm »

Jesus Christ, I found an awesome position using that seed. I've found hematite, flux,platinum,tiger eye(gems) just from looking around the surface for a minute! Regional prospector tells me there's magma, a chasm and adamantine too. I'm not sure if it has all the civs though. It's supposed to have sand but I haven't found any yet. It's near the northeast of the worldmap. Quite a large area but manageable I think. I'll explore it better tomorrow as I was in a bit of a hurry today.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 03:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Crushy:
<STRONG>Jesus Christ, I found an awesome position using that seed. I've found hematite, flux,platinum,tiger eye(gems) just from looking around the surface for a minute! Regional prospector tells me there's magma, a chasm and adamantine too. I'm not sure if it has all the civs though. It's supposed to have sand but I haven't found any yet. It's near the northeast of the worldmap. Quite a large area but manageable I think. I'll explore it better tomorrow as I was in a bit of a hurry today.</STRONG>

Is this it?

Yup it does have all civs and the sand is in the upper left corner. Thanks for the find.

Tenebrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »

... The Tenebrous Continent?

How awesome.  :)

I know where my next fortress will be dug. Thanks for the great seed and location, Fey Dwarf!

Enter TO CREATE THE WORLD.

Obsidian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

Sorry 'bout the slight bump, but I've taken the liberty of uploading the 3Dwarf file, here.
Obsidian cancels common sense: Interrupted by insanity
!!carp!!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

I had to extract it and load the txt.  Not sure why.  Nice map though!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by A_Fey_Dwarf:
<STRONG>

Is this it?

Yup it does have all civs and the sand is in the upper left corner. Thanks for the find.</STRONG>

Holy cow, that area has a LONG chasm that stretches through the center of the map, an underground lake on the lower right and a chasm pit(?) near where you start.
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=waterchasmmagmasp5.png
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=waterchasmmagma2zh7.png

[ June 07, 2008: Message edited by: Andir ]

"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."