Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alpacas are continuing the existence of a civilization  (Read 1115 times)

GiantCaveMushroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Born Pessimist
    • View Profile
Alpacas are continuing the existence of a civilization
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:45 am »

While I was looking through the world sites and populations file for a world I'm about to play around in, I found this
45: Rirn”lbomrek, "Respectwhip", hillocks
   Owner: The Spears of Cremation, dwarves
   Parent Civ: The Tongs of Magic, dwarves
   50 alpacas

This is the last settlement belonging to the dwarven civilization of the Tongs of Magic, every other settlement they have seem to have been conquered by elves. Because of this one settlement, which has been ignored by the elves for a century now, the war between the two civilizations never truly ended and the dwarven civ is not considered dead (I can still play them in fortress mode) resulting in me being able to play a lonely group of dwarves that are being hunted by warring elves.

I'd like to believe the dwarves of the Tongs of Magic dispersed and became nomads, using this abandoned hillocks as a meeting area.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpacas are continuing the existence of a civilization
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:48:21 am »

That sounds kinda fun. Time to reclaim the mountainhome.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Alpacas are continuing the existence of a civilization
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »

Check for hermits in the wild. Seriously, one king living in a cave keeps the civilization from dying.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!