Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it possible...  (Read 2111 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 05:39:00 am »

Furious Fish: That's why I said I didn't want to outlast them. It'll be boring.

Anyway, I'm having trouble finding a goblin fortress that's sufficiently populated. I'm running an adventurer through various goblin fortress scattered here and there and so far, I can singlehandedly kill every single living thing in them.

Not that that's something to brag about, considering the only things living in those really, really well built and spacious fortresses are half a dozen goblin children.

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:00 pm »

Just yesterday I decided to have my first militant campaign, so I started with 4 of my dwarves as marksdwarves.  Together, and with some tactics to make sure they were never against more then one at a time, they were able to clear the entire large goblin fort with minimal damage to any dwarf (some damage, but that was because there were several marksgoblins that could get to us before dieing.  Total 22 goblins killed by the end.  Then I set up a fort and, first thing, collected up their stuff to sell.  Now to wait for a caravan.  Many of them had spider silk items, and I can't wait to see what I can get for them ^.^

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 01:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pickerel:
<STRONG>Just yesterday I decided to have my first militant campaign, so I started with 4 of my dwarves as marksdwarves.  Together, and with some tactics to make sure they were never against more then one at a time, they were able to clear the entire large goblin fort with minimal damage to any dwarf (some damage, but that was because there were several marksgoblins that could get to us before dieing.  Total 22 goblins killed by the end.  Then I set up a fort and, first thing, collected up their stuff to sell.  Now to wait for a caravan.  Many of them had spider silk items, and I can't wait to see what I can get for them ^.^</STRONG>

I take that as the answer to the question in question is; YES!  :p

I'd like to hear more of that fort.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 02:20:00 am »

Unfortunately it didn;t last long: as is the norm with me, I decide to mod something, or add someone else's mod, and poof, there I am generating a new fort.
Pages: 1 [2]