Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: merchants  (Read 554 times)

davidc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
merchants
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:38:43 am »

I suggest:

-Merchants arrive and do not immediately bypass your site. Make them wait like a week or two? Or give you an option or something. That way you can open your gates for them.

-Alternatively, set an alarm system that will pause your game a few weeks before they arrive, so that you can have time to pull the lever.

-In the kitchens menu, please add an option to disable all drink for cooking, or all tallow, etc. That way you don't need to make the drink, then quickly disable it when you make each individual drink. Otherwise, let you disable drinks regardless of whether or not they're currently in your fort (i.e. all the drinks in the game should be listed in the menu in the kitchens).

----------------------------------

I want to add something to this. Although the economy appears broken a little (wood spiked balls), the effect of that is to allow the player to choose which mechanics to personally engage with and thus reduce grind and/or allow smaller populations to do bigger things, which is really good design.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: merchants
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 05:57:14 pm »

A suggestion like this has been added before, for at least the caravan stuff. Did you make at least a cursory search before making this? Necros are perfectly fine if you want to add something.

Edit: Gate Keeper Noble, with your caravan suggestion plus more
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:00:22 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!