Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: If i embark and produce a material, will my civ have access to it and trade?  (Read 2406 times)

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile

Sorry for my question here, but its completly about this aspect.
I correctly understand that any trade goods what I send with any caravan just dissapear when caravan is gone from fortress map and any items that I sold them dont appear in the world? Or I wrong and I can find as adventure my masterfully designed gold crown what I sold before at my mountainhome or human castle?

I believe the items are lost. If you sell an artefact, for instance, it is listed on the legends as lost.
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

A related question: if I export lots of high quality weapons and armour, could that affect my civs performance in battle? And if I retire a fort with a strong army, would that have any effect on my civ in wars?

No, your fort's production will not influence what materials your civ has to offer IIRC. That system just doesn't exist as of right now.

And Uggh - that definitely doesn't occur. Soldiers don't look at the arms production of their civ at all, they are just magically given equipment when they decide they want to be soldiers. And besides, I don't think equipment effects worldgen battles at all.

I think that the only thing that effects worldgen battles is numbers (though not significantly for some reason) battle modifiers (I'm not sure where this information is located, but this is why 1000 elves will lose to 30 dwarves) and military prowess of only the leader. I don't think the skills of combatants are calculated at all for world gen battles, but they could be for survival checks when the battle has "concluded" and the number of wounded and deceased is known but those that have died/lived are not assigned yet. Though, most battles have non-important historical figures so I think those die immediately and if any of the non-important figures survive they become important. Not sure on that part.

Nope, nope and nope.  Battles are handled entirely on the individual statistics of the fighters, one at a time, until one side is victorious, that is the reason you get those insane battles where a dozen dwarves hold off ten thousand elves/gobbos/humans/whatever with no casualties.  Because the first defender in line gets to arbitrarily crush every single attacker until it meets one that has better stats, then the next defender gets to try, and so on.  when you take into account historical figure status and attribute/skill gains from each defeated enemy, you end up with invincible superbeings that never lose.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

kingsableye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A related question: if I export lots of high quality weapons and armour, could that affect my civs performance in battle? And if I retire a fort with a strong army, would that have any effect on my civ in wars?

No, your fort's production will not influence what materials your civ has to offer IIRC. That system just doesn't exist as of right now.

And Uggh - that definitely doesn't occur. Soldiers don't look at the arms production of their civ at all, they are just magically given equipment when they decide they want to be soldiers. And besides, I don't think equipment effects worldgen battles at all.

I think that the only thing that effects worldgen battles is numbers (though not significantly for some reason) battle modifiers (I'm not sure where this information is located, but this is why 1000 elves will lose to 30 dwarves) and military prowess of only the leader. I don't think the skills of combatants are calculated at all for world gen battles, but they could be for survival checks when the battle has "concluded" and the number of wounded and deceased is known but those that have died/lived are not assigned yet. Though, most battles have non-important historical figures so I think those die immediately and if any of the non-important figures survive they become important. Not sure on that part.

Nope, nope and nope.  Battles are handled entirely on the individual statistics of the fighters, one at a time, until one side is victorious, that is the reason you get those insane battles where a dozen dwarves hold off ten thousand elves/gobbos/humans/whatever with no casualties.  Because the first defender in line gets to arbitrarily crush every single attacker until it meets one that has better stats, then the next defender gets to try, and so on.  when you take into account historical figure status and attribute/skill gains from each defeated enemy, you end up with invincible superbeings that never lose.
That's weird because I can never seem to find these super beings in Legends or Adventure mode. There are some Elite combat skills and so forth, but nothing on the scale of Legendary like we should be seeing if what you say is true. Perhaps you're right but they just gain less xp? Or maybe they're marked as unimportant historical figures?

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

Historical figures do not gain attributes and skills the same way fortress dwarves do, just for a lark, roll up a demigod adventurer in a densely populated world, and go find some bandit camps, the leader frequently have those god like stats due to the number of kills they rack up in world-gen.  Alternatively look up Tholtig Cryptbrain here on the forums, she was a dwarven queen who along with a mere handful of defenders (and then alone) managed to hold off an elven civ with literally thousands of warriors until her death from old age.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:51:09 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 [2]