Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Misc. Object  (Read 1712 times)

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Misc. Object
« on: October 12, 2015, 05:12:10 am »

so I want to use misc. object user but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what makes objects work better than others. should I go for weight? because it seems like misc. objects exclusively use striking attacks, so most items dont do jack even when you start your guy out with 17 skill.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Misc. Object
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 05:43:29 am »

Weight's the only thing that matters for a misc object. Use your filled backpack or find a heavy coffin and fill it with the bodies of those you slay.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 10:59:47 am »

Hmm? That's not always true. There are such things as piercing and slashing misc objects, trap components and ammunition being prime examples. In those cases, material matters just as much, if not more, than weight alone.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 07:23:07 pm »

Weight's the only thing that matters for a misc object. Use your filled backpack or find a heavy coffin and fill it with the bodies of those you slay.

Then become a necromancer and play pokemon.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 02:11:35 am »

Then become a necromancer and play pokemon.
+1

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 05:46:27 pm »

If you get lucky, you might find a slade slab in the tower to complement your arsenal.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 02:16:43 am »

Everybody suggests necromancer. And like george says once its done by everybody its not cool.
Get a rat and fight with it, use a flask to house it as they eat through bags.
Misc object user is very fun so dont get stuck with a quest on finding a coffin or a chest, work your way up and have fun
Giant toad tongues and croc tails are decent.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 11:33:13 am »

yeah, there's something pretty funny about having a dismembered leg with hundreds of kills.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 03:48:28 pm »

I was trying to use leaves thinking they would count as sharp weapons, but they seem to do blunt damage, and with no weight they don't do much.

Whodunnit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 03:53:25 pm »

Hacking limbs off and pulping bodies decrease the weight of the resulting corpse so you may want to strangle prospective blunt objects.

I once stacked up a couple hundred kills with a hippopotamus corpse. I named it "Hippo-hammer the Bludgeon of Blubber". The funniest thing is when you send enemies flying off of high places.

It was less funny when I happened upon a necromancer hanging out in a random house.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 10:04:19 am »

They make terrible weapons, but nevertheless I highly recommend (a) minotaur horns, (b) the skulls of any random creatures you happen to slay, (c) skunk corpses, because why not add insult to injury, and (d) statuary made from any available material.

Also, keep in mind that misc. objects are basically treated as a cube of roughly the size of the object in question, so the bigger it is, the more the attack momentum is diffused across its surface. Or something.