Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Reign of Rot-Day 1 (Game Thread)  (Read 10727 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Rot-Day 1 (Game Thread)
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2015, 10:03:35 pm »

Gianna nods, and grips her hockey stick more tightly.
"Yeah, I think I'll go with the capture team. As long as we're not going to kill them, or something, I'm cool with it. Mostly."

"Alright. Lets fix up Doc, find a place to keep 'em for a few hours, and get goin' then."

Have the group tend to Doc, find a place to keep him safe and relatively hidden, then go through the woods pretending to look for food while actually looking for Raja's Scouts.
(Same action as before, just clarifying the Doc part that was only in conversation before.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2015, 11:55:12 am »

Ebony doesn't really have any options, so she doesn't do anything.

Ebony is quickly collected by the small group of hunters, who haul her by each arm-but, not before blindfolding her with a long strip of black cloth....

Brains (+1)
8!+1=9

Success!

Yet, she keeps her wits and figures out that the group is taken her on a path roughly to the Northeast of where she kidnapped. She also starts a clock in her head (great for being kidnapped) that she can use to deduce distance.

What follows is a long period of visual boredom, and there's not much to hear-they seem to keep pretty quiet out here, which is probably a smart idea in retrospect-the woods are like a cathedral, and human sounds are...amplified out here, somehow.

At one point about an hour or so later, the group pauses.

"...Today is...tuesday, right? That means..."
"Left fork. 3-4-1-4. Just follow me. We're almost home."

The sounds of a habitation fill her ears not a half hour earlier-easy chattering, pots clattering, even the cluck of chickens. You hear some of the voices respond to your approach.

"...got one of them..."
"...what's her name?"
"...said she wouldn't talk..."
"...Colt wouldn't have liked us taking people..."
"...Colt is dead, remember? Because we trusted people like..."
"...Be careful, she looks dangerous..."
"...She looks how my sister used to...before she died..."

-1 Reputation

Your group pauses once more as the sounds die down, and the leader addresses you.

"Alright, now just hold still-you're about to feel a needle. We're going to give you a blood test, not inject you with anything."

Having cosigned yourself to this fate, you do not struggle, as the needle pricks you. It only hurts for a moment, then it's swabbed with some sort of cold cream. Then, you begin to move again.

What was that all about?

Shortly after this point, the fellow who took you whips off your blindfold, and your chains are undone. You are lead to a small cavern prison-the metal door is set into solid rock.

"Welcome home." He says, a trifle sardonically. The door is slammed and locked with a huge, brass key. "You'll be out in a day or two, so just sit tight. If you need anything, just holler. Dinners at 6pm. Beans and franks." He says, given you one last sideways glance. "Raja will probably want to see you. He's our leader, so don't disrespect him, okay? He has...a temper." The boy says in the tones anyone does with treading around dangerous subjects.

Then, he turns and leaves. His sister watches you for a moments longer, then pads after her brother at a run-as if afraid you might lunge through the bars and attack. Only now does Ebony realize that below all that camo gear and rough voices were a bunch of pre-teens, most of them younger than Gianna. Most of the camp seems to be made up of them.

Shows how much a bluff can earn you...

Surveying her cell reveals the following-a bench on one corner, stuffed mattress in one corner, a cubicle in another with (surprisingly) a working toilet and sink. Running water? All the way out here? In a cave? Interesting. Also, located in the rear of the cell is a human skeleton, hanging limply in a pair of shackles. Not much in the way of light, but at least they left you some magazines to read....assuming you like the AARP Bulletin.

Ebony's view outside the cell occasionally shows young persons walking by. A few of them peer at her curiously, and could perhaps be enticed to approach and talk...though most of them stay far from the bar doors, and are easy to frighten even without trying. They look at her like some sort of exotic, dangerous animal.

Ebony sits on her bench and wonders what to do next.

Doc nods to himself If we intend to stay where we are for a while, at least a day, we can take it out now. Otherwise, I think it would be better to wait until we have a more permanent shelter in mind. I will likely not be able to do anything of great consequence for  a time while the wound heals...

((If I can do this without risking excessive damage, like another status effect or more than 2 fleshwounds: )) Doc holds the bolt where it enters his belly still while he snaps off the end/gets one of the others to do that, so that it's less likely to catch on something.

((OOC: I've decided that rolling for everything is going to turn this into a comedy game. I figure Doc could do a simple thing like this without much trouble...))

Doc carefully snaps off the shaft of the bolt, hopefully stabilizing the head until it can be removed.

Doc's condition changed!

Quote from: Bolt in the Belly (Partially treated)
Doc has a crossbow bolt stuck in him. It's not life threatening by itself-in fact the bolt itself is keeping it from being worse-but, it'll have to be removed carefully to avoid further injury. He has wisely removed the shaft, and stabilized the wound. He still has to be careful, but as he takes his time he should be able to move without injuring himself.

Effects:
-1 Body Stat
Strenuous Physical Activity has a 25% of 1 fleshwound of damage per move. I.E, whenever you roll dice. This is recurring, adding up 25% each subsequent turn, and is reset after at least one round of non-action.
Experience: 0

...Have the group tend to Doc, find a place to keep him safe and relatively hidden...

((OOC: A bit of a stickup on this part of the action! Can you be more clear? You could just poke him anywhere in the forest, but you haven't explored the area enough to know any place that's safe and hidden. You could try reuniting with the scout team and stick him in the burger shack? Otherwise, you will have to explore the forest-which will take time-looking for a sheltered area.))

Looking over the file, 237 nods to himself. He can pull the line towards the grenade and file through the taught part.

After a few moments of careful work, 237 has himself a nifty grenade.

He can't help but feel it's an old fashioned design...perhaps looted from a war museum. Should still serve the same purpose, anyway, assuming the trap makers meant for it to explode.

237 gained a hand grenade!

Harriett, who had been seeing if she could see any Rotters from the roof, goes down after 273, carefully.

Harriett saw no rotters, though she did see an airplane...a tiny plane...she supposed they would have called it a drone? Well, it was like a toy plane. It just flew over the building she was on, circled once, and then winged its way back north, making only a low buzzing noise, no louder than a housefly-thought the sound was strangely resonant in her mind. How curious.

She quickly makes her way down to inform 273 about this strange development. Looks like he found a hand grenade. That's surely good fortune...

Both of them consider later, that while this place has been scavenged, something could always have been missed...

~It will take an hour to scrounge the Fast food joint fully. Do you begin?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2015, 12:07:12 pm »

237 pockets it.
"You know, they stopped using these because of how deadly they were to deadly."
Let's scavenge.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2015, 12:09:58 pm »

((OOC: A bit of a stickup on this part of the action! Can you be more clear? You could just poke him anywhere in the forest, but you haven't explored the area enough to know any place that's safe and hidden. You could try reuniting with the scout team and stick him in the burger shack? Otherwise, you will have to explore the forest-which will take time-looking for a sheltered area.))

((Lets just stick him near the cherry-bush then. He should be able to hide in it with little problem, we *probably* weren't spotted, and there is likely other nearby bushes he can hide in. Mostly, leaving him where he got shot is a bad idea, as the enemy knows the location and can always come back to him. Since we already know that area, it is the quickest place we can drop him, and we will *probably* be able to recover him with little difficulty.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »

"I'll take the lead in the scavenging. Nobody ever loots under the sinks..."

Scavenge go!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2015, 10:10:29 am »

Doc will hide wherever he's put
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2015, 11:52:36 pm »

((It might help go faster if we knew what we where waiting for. For example, do you want the other guy's input on where to put Doc?))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2015, 04:06:24 am »

Just go along and help with moving Doc and stuff.
Gianna now decides to put her rat's nest former Snooki poof of hair into a ponytail.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]