Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do all members of defeated armies flee?  (Read 705 times)

falcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do all members of defeated armies flee?
« on: July 21, 2015, 03:38:44 pm »

I've heard of people doing all kinds of horrible things to defeated goblin armies, but does any just let them go somewhere outside? What's their behavior like once they're released? Do they have an understanding that their force has fled, or is there some other governing ai from the time a hostile is released that just hones in on dwarf flesh? If they do become dwarf seeking missiles, can a subsequent battle send them running from a morale failure?

That is, of course, provided you can still find goblin armies in this version. Which is why I'm asking instead of checking.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Do all members of defeated armies flee?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »

Goblins will always try to go to the map edge. This can be used for goblin computers.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
Re: Do all members of defeated armies flee?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 04:39:39 pm »

I'm fairly certain they don't learn anything and will return to attack your fortress again at some point in the future if you let them go.