Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Outpost Liaison abandoned her baby...  (Read 9091 times)

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Liaison abandoned her baby...
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 01:29:28 pm »

What does maga means?
Pretty sure that baby's trying to say "magma" but can't quite pronounce it. That's some powerful imagery there, the abandoned baby's first word is a mangling of "magma". How long before she can walk?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 02:22:15 pm »

What does maga means?
Pretty sure that baby's trying to say "magma" but can't quite pronounce it. That's some powerful imagery there, the abandoned baby's first word is a mangling of "magma". How long before she can walk?
You just know she'll be the one assigned to pull the lever that floods the fortress with magma when everything goes to hell...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2014, 02:30:41 pm »

Well, according to wiki Maga means anything from the Breton "to feed" to the Hungarian "you" to the Italian word for "charmer, beguiler" or for "magician, sorceress, enchantress, conjurer".

Perhaps it wants to mess with magic?

Also, that story is awesome, raise it in the best the fort has to offer and make it noble. First born of (fort name).
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2014, 04:04:52 pm »

She is indeed the beloved of our fortress.

She's not actually the firstborn: That goes to the youngster who was born in the first year of the fort (whilst I was still aquifer piercing) who would now be a few years old... except that there was an accident involving that goddamn human vampire "liaison" who won't go away (He's locked in the upstairs well-room, now, with his guards, and I'm monitoring him for hunger or anything).

I haven't played for a couple of days - work related issues - but when I manage to boot the computer to the game, I am raising the hell out of that little dwarf lass. She is currently 3 months old. Her first birthday is going to be epic: She'll get to see her mother, unless the liaison officer is changed.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2014, 12:09:14 am »

Momuz has been growing up, and I maaay have been spoiling her just a little bit. But she's still an active little tomboy, and somehow has managed to hurt her toe. Her mother visited for another liaison type job, but ignored her, poor little mite.

Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2014, 01:57:53 am »

Do you know any of her relatives?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2014, 06:44:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Heh, she could be a musician or something. The social and musical skills, sense of humour, and the right kind of egotistic.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:46:02 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2014, 08:00:27 am »

Its a good thing goblins with sacks are rare now!  Im happy for her
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2014, 08:19:32 am »

Its a good thing goblins with sacks are rare now!  Im happy for her
Perhaps that happens only in Legends mode now (I saw a human law-giver had all her five children abducted by goblins...)
Maybe they are stories made by parents in order to scare their children.

"Hey don't play alone outside or those bad guys with pointed ears will put you in their sacks."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:23:23 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2014, 08:38:17 pm »

No, none of her relatives live in the fort. Her mother visited for the annual report, and that appears to be when she sustained the toe injury, but they didn't meet and talk, although I tried to maneuver them into a meeting. I wanted a "has talked with mother recently", but didn't get one.

I love how she has a sense of such importance. It amuses me no end.

The position of Champion is being held for her. We are having some small problems with a forgotten beast at the moment, but I seem to have that under control.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2014, 08:40:51 pm »

Well when you become the mountainhome, your liaison will settle in. Maybe...you know.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:57:43 pm by utunnels »

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2015, 04:16:06 am »

Whatever became of her? Did she become the legendary champion of your fortress?

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2015, 06:06:57 am »

She did well, actually. She reached the age of child, and moved into an apartment between the kitchens and the hospital that had belonged to a noble until I'd made him a better suite of rooms in the bedroom levels. She liked the statues in it, and I allowed a few other children to migrate to the fort, so she had company her own age. They would play chasings in and out of the aquifer-fed kitchen waterfalls.

At around her age of five, the caverns were hit by multiple Forgotten Beasts. I did my best to wall them up, and we survived for a few months, while I watched those brave dorfs who had been walled in with the beasts do their best to survive. One of the beasts turned out to be firey, and the fps was shot to hell. I played for as long as I could, but when a werebeast arrived, all hell broke loose. With horridly bad fps, I did my best to wall in the victims of the werebeast attack, and the children were locked in a suite of "saferooms" with food and a well. Things went from bad to worse, and I eventually saved and stored the fort as a sad monument to what can happen if you don't have a good Forgotten Beast Plan made before you breach the caverns.

She's still alive, I guess, and about six years old. I just haven't loaded up that fort, as I'm not sure how I could do anything which won't lead to the inevitable...

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2015, 11:47:22 am »

there is always a way!

and if ya don't wanna continue, you could always upload the fort...
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]