Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Outpost Liaison abandoned her baby...  (Read 9075 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Liaison abandoned her baby...
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 05:46:51 pm »

So she's a citizen of your fort's entity then?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 06:02:20 pm »

Yes, she has been from the start, and she continues to be a citizen. She is accessed (and has been since birth) on the U-for-Urist screen under citizens, whilst her mother is listed under visitors.

She is indeed listed as a member of the fort, and accessible through the U-for-Urist screen as a citizen, same as any other.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 06:29:15 pm »

Sorry, didn't see that before.

This has some interesting implications for how citizenship is granted though. It seems like being born somewhere makes them a citizen automatically. Hopefully that'll be ironed out before the updates where we get expedition teams leaving newborns in dark fortresses.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 06:33:07 pm »

Or Worse, elven parents leaving their rubbish on our Depot.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »

That's entirely the wrong way to think about that-- (Elves leaving babies)

We could train said elven brat to be a tree murdering, animal torturing, goblin cleaving monstrocity-- then send it off to see mummy and daddy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »

We'll get to that after we figure out how to do it to our own :P

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »

We could train said elven brat to be a tree murdering, animal torturing, goblin cleaving monstrocity-- then send it off to see mummy and daddy.

You just went full goblin. Never go full goblin.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 08:05:21 pm »

Personally I wouldn't. I'd probably name it Carrot and bring it up to be a good dwarf. Same if I got a human baby that way... Because it would be interesting, and interesting things are serving their purpose.

I think it unlikely I'll get a human though: I've got a vampiric human liaison who hasn't bothered to do anything but eat dorfs for years. I eventually locked the bastard in the lower level of one of the wells (the one in the upstairs dining room) and so far he  hasn't got hungry or thirsty: And neither have his guards. I'm checking them on a weekly basis, now, to see how they are doing. If my mayor was interested in meeting, then great. But so far no luck, so I got tired of all of the vampiric deaths and haven't unlocked the door yet.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

TheSoundOfTrees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 05:00:46 pm »

Did you take the time to look at her family in legends mode ?

I tend to do it for every dwarf I find interesting, and I discovered most of them have fun families, like this guard in my last fortress who was the heir to the throne,  the father of the most dreaded screaming woman consort, and managed to bash to the death with his crossbow the titan who had killed his sister a decade before he joined Royaloiled.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 05:07:16 pm »

I like to check legends on interesting dwarves too, the histories are usually messed up or very boring, but the occasional badass too...
Also, welcome to the forums, "the sound of trees", may your sanity last longer than ours did.
In a time before time, I had a name.

TheSoundOfTrees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 05:41:12 pm »

Thank you, Master (!) but it's already too late. I've spent the last 6 hours juggling with tilesets, writing overrides, and planning waterfalls and aqueducts for my next fortress.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 05:50:07 pm »

Oh, six hours? I'm sure this is some kind of achievement, some can't keep their mind in place after the first post...
By the way, now that you are one of us, feel free to help out with the childcare here, we are understaffed on scientists.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 12:51:20 am »

Personally I wouldn't. I'd probably name it Carrot and bring it up to be a good dwarf.
But what he described is a good dwarf! It murders the trees, doesn't give a crap about animals unless it wants to eat them, rids the world of goblins and visits its family. Drinking copious amounts of booze and throwing parties when it needs to pull a lever are a given.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 01:31:12 am »

Personally I wouldn't. I'd probably name it Carrot and bring it up to be a good dwarf.

Dwarven Child: Hey Carrot, why do you have pointed ears? My ma said those bad goblin snathers have pointed ears.
Carrot: Mom, how do I get pointed ears?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:32:58 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 03:48:50 am »

This, SO MUCH THIS! Now I want to do this so badly.

Or I suppose I could make her into one of the first useful elves.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:50:53 am by vexxice »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4