Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Most impressive historical event, according to your dwarves?  (Read 3673 times)

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most impressive historical event, according to your dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 11:55:05 am »

It's so popular my civilisation has even sold me T-Shirts with it on.

Really? that's hilarious!
That seems to happen a lot.  A long time ago a craftsdwarf made a legendary hammer, with an engraving of itself, and the caravan brought stuff with pictures of it on it, with pictures of it on it.  I guess legendary artifacts don't happen until you make your fortress or something, so it's a big deal.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 12:59:45 pm »

I think my civ is kinda turning into a death cult, based on this. As soon as I founded my fortress, my Expedition leader became King, and later on, "The Perfetc Martyr", an artifact coffin with an image of a dwarven queen, a history of the civ and itself on it, is produced, possibly the most valuable thing we ever made. The Mountainhome meanwhile fell to the Jaundiced Dungeon.
  Then we make T-Shirts of it, though the only nobles my civ has not living in my fort are traders. The dwarves, before my artisans made stuff, only ever engraved a FB killing people... did my dwarves come here to die?
One wheel short of a wagon

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 01:40:06 pm »

Some historical figure admiring buckets. Just everywhere. I checked the unit list and the dwarf who admires the buckets in the engravings is not a member of the fort, current or previous (although a vampire could have come and died without having time to reveal himself to me... attrition is high in Rampartpulley).
Thankfully, the engravers held off on engraving bucketdorf for most of the throne room. Particularly fitting is that the pillar behind the Queen and the floor tile of her throne both have the engraving of my civ's symbol on them: a pair of balls. It's a gigantic pillar in the central position of the throne room with balls and a dwarf admiring buckets engraved all over it. I'm starting to think that "buckets" is a euphemism.

Oh and aside from balls and buckets, they like to engrave goblins killing dwarves in an attack that happened 20 years before the forts founding.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 08:03:07 pm »

... attrition is high in Rampartpulley....

I'm starting to think that "buckets" is a euphemism.

They're telling the world how they're having buckets of Fun Fun Fun.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 04:05:19 am »

Lolor Cunningroads the dwarf ascending to the position of Queen of the Noiseless Vestibule in 1.

It might help that we're in year 8, and the fortress was founded in year 5. There's not much history to record in artwork.

jaw2233

• Bay Watcher
  • forgetting which switch does what since *BLAM* ow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 05:43:02 am »

the settling of a jaguar in the labyrinth jungle. Why is that impressive?
I sincerely apologize for whatever happened above this.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 11:17:05 am »

It is a jaguar jungle now.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.
Pages: 1 [2]