Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Humanities Fight an Aurora 4X community Let's Play  (Read 8278 times)

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humanities Fight an Aurora 4X community Let's Play
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 11:19:11 pm »

Woohoo, Aurora LP!
Woohoo!!!

Can I be named? Put me in the navy so I can get my own battleship spaceship and go kill pacify aliens.

Oh, as for advice; massively subside the corporations so they have lots of molla to buy ships. By the way the colony is still useful for tradegoods (been a while since I played the game, so don't ask me) so its not a total loss.

Can you give us a list of, if there is any, colonizable planets that does not need to be terraformed in the systems we have discovered so far? If there isn't any then the most suitable planets that require the least terraforming?

Good advice there and I will place a list at the bottom of the Unity status area.  I will go ahead and replace a naval officer whenever the Unity goes ahead and gets one.  Then you can go ahead and fly your battleship spaceship throughout the galaxy massacring pacifying alien races.

So here is the next 5 years:

May 4th 2031:

A new shipping line named Osowski Corporation is created.  Under the guidance of his advisers Cha'Lholitef decides to pour a large sum of money, totaling 30,000 credits, into the 3 lines in order to boost the economy.

June 4th 2031:

The Osowski Corporation immediately responds by producing 3 new freighters.  Seeing that the spatial treasury still has over 100,000 credits Cha'Lholitef decides to invest another 60,000 credits among the shipping lines.

July 4th 2031:

All 3 shipping lines immediately reply by constructing a wide assortment of new colony ships.

August 4th 2031:

Even more ships.

September 4th 2031:

Dear god it's like ants.

December 9th 2031:

Another system has been surveyed and has 2 other jump points.  The next jump point to explore will be in the WISE 0607+2429 system.  All of the geological surveyors are sent into the Procyon system to survey the bodies lying in this system.  A moment later I realize how stupid I am Cha'Lholitef realizes he has made a mistake when the geological survey vessels report that they cannot transit since they have no jump drive.  Looking at the research Cha'Lholitef realizes he has made an even bigger mistake I really needed to have payed more attention to what I was doing with the Unity when he notices that he has had every research paused which is why it has been taking so long to complete any of them.  He then cancels ceramic composite armour and higher powered engines and places Vi'Disiyoc on the project of a small jump gate construction module for ships.  Realizing that even this very simple project will still take a number of years Cha'Lholitef realizes that some more experienced researchers are needed so he takes some resources and devotes them to long projects for inexperienced researchers to work on in the hopes that with such long researching times they will build up a lot of experience.  I'm starting to feel like I need to take a really in depth look at all the current stuff going on with these guys to see what all I screwed up.

February 14th 2033:

How many holidays do we need to stop on? A new system is found called HIP 25578.  It has an extremely large number of asteroids with a decent number of planets and a stable wormhole meaning that most likely the unknown alien race is also here.  The Glorious heritage is told to tread cautiously.

April 14th 2033:

The Wormhole suddenly just changed positions within the system.

June 14 2034:

The Wormhole moves again for no apparent reason.

January 14th 2035:

The Wormhole moves yet again, scientists begin to wonder if their is some pattern to its movements.

The status of the Unity:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well not a whole lot happened this time, but here is all the info I promised and you asked for.  Also hopefully I will not make so many mistakes in the future.

EDIT* I won't be uploading anything tomorrow since I'm leaving for a few days.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:19:34 am by engineer13 »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2015, 10:51:28 am »

I suggest shutting down your fuel refineries to help with the worker shortage, you might get a 20% boost to production. The Unity has plenty of fuel at the moment anyway.
Hell, you could probably stand to shut down your shipyards and mines for a few years and just pump out infrastructure. Anything else you build will just make unemployment worse. How big is the other colony?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:56:36 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2015, 11:55:33 am »

Man, we have almost nobody left.  This is unfortunate.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 01:34:13 pm »

Just posting to say that I'm watching and really enjoying this.  ;D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 09:50:17 pm »

Hey guys I'm back from my trip.  It's pretty late and I'm really tired so I won't be posting today, but tomorrow I should be able to get up a 5 year post again.

How big is the other colony?
It was pretty big (I made a mistake and ended up overpopulating it.  I wasn't doing good at running two races together) but then I went ahead and fixed it by sending a lot of the colonists back to Cur (which was woefully underpopulated after sending almost all of its people to the colony).

Man, we have almost nobody left.  This is unfortunate.
Yeah, but hey we still got each other and I'm sure we will get more as time goes on.

Just posting to say that I'm watching and really enjoying this.  ;D
Well like I said there is another person.  Also, thanks!

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »

January 14th 2035:

Under advisement, Cha'Lholitef decides to shut down all fuel refineries and mines in order to increase production in the industry sector.

April 14th 2035:

The production of Construction Factories is finished.  Cha'Lholitef decides to pump industry into the completion of infrastructure and is given a projected finishing time of about 3 years.  Vi'Disiyoc finishes his research into a small jump gate construction module.  Cha'Lholitef orders resources to be pumped into Ve'Lhophegogh's project on a terraforming module which is now projected to finish in 2 years and Zho'Ribikoz is given the project of Capacitor Recharge Rate 2 to finish in 4 years.

May 14th 2035:

Fey Colony Limited scraps a colony ship due to a newer model and then immediately launches a ship of the newer model (I wish I could produce ships that quick).

The glorious Heritage reports that a new alien vessel has emerged from the wormhole.  They give its class the name of Naghdi and an Active sensor is detected with strength 63200 and resolution 79.

May 15th 2035:

The naghdi is capable of moving at 10999 km/s and seems to be headed for the Glorious Heritage.

May 16th 2035:

A new class is detected near the Naghdi.  It is designated as class kajami and has a thermal signature of 10560.  The Naghdi still seems to be heading for the Glorious Heritage, but the crew of the Glorious Heritage report that there would be no way they could reach the jump point before they were intercepted if that is the intention of this alien vessel.  Also they would not wish to lead these aliens back to Cur.

May 17th 2035:

The Kajami class is found to also be capable of moving at 10999 km/s and heads straight for the Glorious Heritage as the Naghdi changes course seeming to head for the jump point.

May 19th 2035:

For an unknown reason the Kajami vessel has begun following the Glorious Heritage.  Also it has been noted that instead of moving towards the jump point it would appear that the Naghdi is just moving perpendicular to the Glorious Heritage at a far distance.

June 8th 2035:

After surveying yet another anomally the Glorious Heritage is sent home to see how the Kajami will react as it has been sitting there watching the Glorious Heritage this entire time.

June 9th 2035:

As soon as the Glorious Heritage begins moving, the Naghdi class begins moving the same way at its far distance almost as if the Glorious Heritage controlled its movements and the Kajamis continued to follow right behind.  Also the Naghdi is now found to be capable of 11000 km/s.

June 22nd 2035:

As the Glorious Heritage approaches the jump point, for no apparent reason, it is destroyed.  Cha'Lholitef commands for a time of silence to honor yet another fallen crew and decides to no longer produce more Glorious Heritage vessels for the time being.  He has a class created for the construction of jump gates.
Code: [Select]
Asceticism of Action class Jump Ship    31,300 tons     90 Crew     994.8 BP      TCS 626  TH 800  EM 0
1277 km/s     Armour 1-88     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 20    Max Repair 100 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 0   
Jump Gate Construction Ship: 360 days

400 EP Commercial Magneto-plasma Drive (2)    Power 400    Fuel Use 5.3%    Signature 400    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 500,000 Litres    Range 54.2 billion km   (491 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
Immediate construction of one of these is started.

This is unfortunately where the Let's play ends.  Unfortunately whenever I open this game now it starts giving me errors about dividing by 0 when I try to advance the time.  I am unable to go any further so this is the end of the Unity.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 05:20:55 pm »

Curses!  Laid low by a bug.  :(  Twas a fine show while it lasted, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 01:48:53 am »

Ah, crap.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 05:56:00 am »

Damn.  Tip for the future:  Back up the database every few hours of play or so.  I do it if I've done a lot of "work" - bunch of designs, fought a long battle,etc. but not if I just advanced time.

Also try reporting it in the bug report thread, but it looks like Steve has been kinda busy lately so I wouldn't hold out much hope for a fast resolution.

You might also try advancing time anyway and seeing if the errors eventually stop - once in a while they do.  Just keep clicking OK to the limit of your patience...

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2015, 06:22:50 am »

Whats the exact error? Sometimes you can work out what caused the error and use the database password to fix it. If you could get the password :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 2 [3]