Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Humanities Fight an Aurora 4X community Let's Play  (Read 8274 times)

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humanities Fight an Aurora 4X community Let's Play
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 10:01:53 pm »

Actually. Pause all current topics and research improved facilities. Put two levels into that then resume what was going on.

I'm assuming that by facilities you mean construction factories and labs.

Federation October 1st 2010:

Colonel Joshua Gibbs, C.O. Low Tech Infantry has contracted Aids.  Realizing the short time potentially left of his life he chooses to retire from his position.  His command is given to Colonel Imogen Pollard

Federation November 1st 2010:

Liam Gough finishes his research into a Pressurized Water Reactor.  Realizing the need for a higher mining rate due to the mineral shortages Bennett gives the resources to Kate Lawrence for research into more efficient mining techniques.

Federation August 5th 2011:

A hostile ships enters the system.  Deep Space Scanners show a new type of vessel never seen before.  Sirens begin to sound all over the Earth as the population is evacuated into deep underground bunkers for protection.  Bennett is briefed on the situation as he descends to his underground situation room.  Missiles are prepared for launch and the Federation waits to see the vessels next move.

Federation September 15th 2011:

After over a month of unknown activity something is again detected.  A strange building has been built at the position of the vessel.  Bennett asks Liam Gough to explain what is happening.  He explains how he has theorized of certain gravitational anomalies called "jump points" that would allow a ship to travel faster than the speed of light to another connected jump point due to accelerated particles.  Using this method the ship could have moved into this solar system and the building it seems to have constructed may be a method of allowing easier transportation via these points or perhaps allowing larger or smaller vessels to traverse the point.  He urges Bennett to consider allowing him to research into this theory to better understand their current situation.

Federation December 26th 2011:

Two new Vessels come through the jump point and begin on a straight course for the Earth.  They are given the class name of Foxtrot and have a thermal reading of 5999.  Not wanting, nor ready for, yet another alien enemy, Bennett orders that communications attempts be made with the vessels.

Federation December 26th 2011:

5 seconds after the reports that the vessels had entered near space sensors range, the targets are lost.  Communication attempts are still made with the vessel still at the jump point, but Bennett questions not only what just occurred but also how advanced their technology must be.

Federation January 20th 2012:

The Foxtrot class ships are spotted again, but their heading has changed as they head towards seemingly nothing in particular.  Communication attempts continue and some trivial progress is made.

Federation February 20th 2012:

The communication team begins to believe that the communication attempts may be futile.  At the same time the Foxtrot class ships stop for no apparent reason near the orbit of Saturn on the other side of the Sun.

Federation March 20th 2012:

The contacts once again disappear.  Also Imogen Pollard, C.O. 3rd Low Tech Infantry is promoted to Brigadier.

Federation May 12th 2012:

The communication team decides that the alien race is simply too alien to ever be able to communicate with.  Bennett then classifies them as hostile.  He states that as they cannot be communicated with then their intentions cannot be known and thus they must be treated as a threat.

Federation May 22nd 2012:

The conversion to Construction Factories finishes.  The industry is then moved to increase the speed of the conversion to mines.

Federation August 12th 2012:

Kate Lawrence finishes her research into mining production.  She is then begun on Active Gravitational Sensors.  Bennett realizes that despite their researching they have yet to have any real defenses.  He decides that some kind of stationary defensive station needs to be built orbiting Earth.

Federation September 17th 2012:

The conversion of CI's to mines is finally completed.  Seeing as to the lack of resource production Bennett decides to invest all industry into the production of more mines.

Federation June 22nd 2013:

Kate Lawrence finishes research into Active Gravitational Sensors and begins 10000km Beam Fire Control Range research.

Federation April 22nd 2014:

Daniel Akhtar, Survey commander of Fleet Headquarters, was promoted to Captain.

Federation May 22nd 2014:

Kate Lawrence finishes her research.  Olivia Doyle then researches the new component Size 30 Missile Launcher, Kyle Franklin is given the Pressurized Water Reactor PB-1 component.

Federation July 13th 2014:

Olivia Doyle finishes her research just as the thermal trace of the alien vessels set off the sensors again.

Federation July 24th 2014:

Yet again the alien vessels disappear from sensors.

Federation August 3rd 2014:

Kyle Franklin completes the research into Pressurized Water Reactor PB-1.  Kate Lawrence is given the task of completing research into Active Search Sensor MR50-R100 to be able to make a Planetary Defense .

Unity January 1st 2010:

At the end of the day after their time of silence and prayer, Cha'Lholitef makes a difficult decision.  Under the guidance of his advisers he pauses all current research and pulls the resources to conduct research into improving their current and future facilities.  He knows that Vi'Disiyoc will not be happy.

Unity November 4th 2010:

The Glorious Heritage has finished its survey of the Gliese 205 system.  There was one other jump point found.  Cha'Lholitef orders its return to refuel and rest, but intends to investigate the new jump point in the hopes that it will lead to an answer as to the creation of these jump gates.

Unity December 4th 2010:

The Fey Colony Limited launches yet another Freighter.  Realizing that they will need structures to transport after the colony is fully established Cha'Lholitef diverts a small amount of industry from infrastructure construction to construction of two mass drivers and plenty of mines.

Unity January 20th 2012:

The Glorious Heritage enters the jump point to discover the system of Luhman 16.  It is a binary system like the Unity's.  There are two planets, one orbiting each star and a few comets as well as plenty of potential jump points.  The most interesting find is a stable wormhole.  These had been theorized before, but one had never been found.  Many of the scientists wish they could study it somehow, but the technology to keep a wormhole stable is far beyond their current capabilities.

Unity March 22nd 2012:

3 ships are located near the wormhole in Luhman 16.  They are all of the same class which is given the name Nasr with a thermal signature of 3520.  It is theorized that perhaps they are the race that managed to open this wormhole and so cautiously Cha'Lholitef orders for communication attempts to be made.

Unity April 27th 2012:

As a trivial amount of progress is made in the communication effort the wormhole simply disappears.  Scientists are both baffled and astounded by this ability the aliens seem to control that allows them to bend wormholes to their will.  Cha'Lholitef worries if these aliens may prove to be as hostile as the others were.  After 6 hours the Nasr group is found to be capable of moving at 10999 km/s as they travel towards the main star of Luhman 16.

Unity April 28th 2012:

The Nasr vessels are lost.

Unity July 7th 2012:

So'Wutocom is lost to a terrible disease while he researches better researching techniques.  Cha'Lholitef begins to wonder if this is somehow tied to the new race that came from the wormhole.  The project is given to Ju'Ghalodazh.  All of the left over resources are given to the construction research project to speed it up.

Unity July 22nd 2012:

As communication efforts continue to be difficult at best, Da'Luwekis finishes his construction research and is asked to research the next level.

Unity August 22nd 2012:

Communication attempts stop as the team realizes the race is far too advanced to ever reach a communication level with.

Unity November 25th 2012:

The Glorious Heritage finishes surveying the Luhman 16 system and finds 3 new jump points.  Cha'Lhatif assumes that the jump gates most likely came from the strange wormhole aliens so he decides that the Glorious Heritage's next mission will be to continue surveying systems one at a time.

Unity May 22nd 2012:

The Glorious Heritage finds a new system named WISE 0607+2429.  It has no planets and interestingly enough a jump gate is on this side of the jump point.

Federation Status Report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unity Status Report:

This one took longer since at some point in 2012 the clock suddenly slowed to moving 1 minute at a time.  I'm gonna assume it was probably the invaders doing something or another.  Also, invaders.  This should really make things interesting, though I did enable them at the beginning I didn't expect them this quickly.  If you are wondering why the Unity have such a priority in construction factories instead of research labs, it's because the labs would take forever to build even with a huge amount of the industry being pumped in so they are completing more industry first.  I'm glad I finally had the time to do everything I meant too.  Hope you guys have more questions and ideas.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 11:39:35 pm »

This one took longer since at some point in 2012 the clock suddenly slowed to moving 1 minute at a time.  I'm gonna assume it was probably the invaders doing something or another.  Also, invaders.  This should really make things interesting, though I did enable them at the beginning I didn't expect them this quickly.

Welp, game over man.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 11:53:46 pm »

Why the feth do you have invaders enabled?

That's basically gg unless the civ is at midgame status already and is multisystem. You only enable invaders when you get midgame tech. Otherwise they curbstomp.

Only way to counter them is the weapons that bypass shields and armor at this stage, and those are so close range that it doesn't really matter.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 07:59:07 am »

Every time I see the topic title, I grin. As a student of the humanities, I welcome this battle.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 05:55:34 pm »

Fed needs to get ready for hard contact, fast. Not sure how much good it will do them, because invaders, but at least they can put up a good fight.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 10:12:14 pm »

Hey guys, sorry.  I have been really sick the past few days and put out of commission.  I'm starting to feel better so tomorrow I should really be able to get up and do stuff.  Tomorrow I will go ahead and do the next 5 years.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 04:19:18 am »

Just be sure to take it easy, every aurora lets play has burned itself out before the end due to trying to constantly grind forward.  I'd encourage you to not be afraid to slow the pace if you feel yourself getting bored/frustrated/tired.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 11:24:05 pm »

Just be sure to take it easy, every aurora lets play has burned itself out before the end due to trying to constantly grind forward.  I'd encourage you to not be afraid to slow the pace if you feel yourself getting bored/frustrated/tired.

Thanks.  I can definitely understand why they end prematurely, this isn't exactly and easy let's play to do.  I will still try to make sure that I'm churning out the results, but if need be I will go ahead and slow down a bit before allowing this to stop all together.  Anyhow on to the next 5 years:

Federation June 3rd 2015:

Captain Zachary Collier dies of natural causes.  He is given a formal military burial into space.  Sparing no time Bennett quickly chooses Captain Kieran Barnett to take the position of Public Affairs-Fleet Headquarters.  George Turnbull, Communications-Fleet Headquarters, is promoted to Commander.

Federation October 14th 2015:

Kate Lawrence finishes research into the Active Search Sensor MR50-R100 component.  She then begins research into the Size 30 Anti-Ship missile.

Federation May 14th 2016:

Kate Lawrence finishes her research.  She then begins research into magazine feed system efficiency.

Federation November 8th 2016:

Construction of Ordnance Factories is completed.  Most of the industry is pumped into construction of mines with a small portion going to construction of new labs.

Federation March 22nd 2017:

Kate Lawrence finishes research and begins research into Magazine Ejection Systems.

Federation August 22nd 2017:

Kate Lawrence again finisher her research.  A new magazine component is designed named Capacity 90 Magazine: Exp 30% HTK 1 and Kate Lawrence begins research into this component.

Federation November 22nd 2017:

Kate Lawrence finishes the components research and a design is finally made for a PDC missile base with a class name of Tribal.
Code: [Select]
Tribal class Missile Base    3,950 tons     126 Crew     439.5 BP      TCS 79  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 5-22     Sensors 1/100     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 30
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 2   
Magazine 300   

Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range N/A
PDC Size 30 Missile Launcher (1)    Missile Size 30    Rate of Fire 450
ICBM Launch Control (1)     Range 50k km    Resolution 50
Size 30 Anti-ship Missile (4)  Speed: 0 km/s   End: 30.7d    Range: 0.1m km   WH: 3    Size: 30    TH: 0/0/0

Active Search Sensor MR50-R100 (1)     GPS 10000     Range 50.0m km    Resolution 100

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 2 sections
The PDC is outfitted with 10 size 30 anti-ship missiles.  Creation of 10 of these structures is queued, but unfortunately mines must take precedence as their still is not enough minerals being acquired to continually construct all of these things.  Kate Lawrence then begins research into better efficiency in mining.

Federation January 30th 2018:

A new class of alien ships come from the jump gate that are classified as November with a thermal signature of 3520.

Federation February 6th 2018:

Another new class is designated as Alpha with a signature of 7040.

Federation February 9th 2018:

Another jump point is discovered as another vessel comes through and builds a jump gate.

Federation October 5th 2019:

Bradley Burton, Operations Fleet-Headquarters, is promoted to Captain.

Federation October 24th 2019:

Evie Moore, Logistics Fleet-Headquarters, is promoted to Commodore.

Federation January 4th 2020:

Another decade has passed and the Federation takes a look at all the events that have happened in this time.  They have taken their first steps into space warfare and defense, they have begun increasing their mining abilities and a new enemy has been met that could be incredibly dangerous, though they have yet to show any true signs of aggression.

Unity March 3rd 2015:

Da'Luwekis finishes research into improved construction rate.  Unfortunately to increase the construction rate further would require 5 full years.  Cha'Lholitef also notices that the current research into increased research rate is going to take decades.  Although these projects are necessary, he decides to cancel them for the moment in order to increase the proficiency of the current scientists as well as build new labs before undertaking these projects again.  He first redirects resources to Ve'Lhophegogh for researching a terraforming module as this will take the least time of the current projects.  He then redirects all remaining resources to Vi'Disiyoc in order to finish research into Ceramic Composite Armour.  Though the armour research will also require 5 years, Vi'Disiyoc will be able to use more resources to speed it up when more are available.

Unity September 14th 2015:

The Glorious Heritage finishes its survey of the WISE 0607+2429 system.  2 other jump points have been found.  The ship is sent back for overhaul and shoreleave.  Cha'Lholitef orders that after this is finished it will begin exploration of another Ross 47 jump point.

Unity May 14th 2016:

The Fey Colony Limited scraps some of its ships due to their age.

Unity July 8th 2016:

The Glorious Heritage enters into the system Wolf 294.  This system has a very densely packed area of planets and asteroids near the star.

Unity January 5th 2019:

The Glorious Heritage finishes its survey of the Wolf 294 system which contain one other jump point.  I heads back for shoreleave and overhaul and will then survey another jump point in the Ross 47 system.

Unity August 5th 2019:

The population finally reaches a level near 25 million and so Cha'Lholitef decides to end movement of personnel over to the new colony.  He continues movement of infrastructure as well as construction factories, though.  The colony is slowly beginning to be able to do things itself, though it will still take a while.

Unity October 24th 2019:

The Glorious Heritage enters the next to last jump point in Ross 47 to find the new system of Teegardens Star.  It has a small number of planets orbiting the star with many moons and far outside even the farthest potential jump points is a massive ring of asteroids.

Unity January 4th 2020:

The Unity again has a day of silence as another decade passes, but Cha'Lholitef recognizes that a more significant portion of this decade has been attributed to exploration and research.  Research has been made into improved systems as well as combative systems, but there has been a huge amount of exploration of other systems and even another race has been, though this other system seems as if it may be unfriendly as well due to their lack of communication.

State of the Federation:

State of the Unity:

There is the next 5 years.  Tomorrow I have a busy day so I may not finish 5 years, but come Saturday I should be able to do it easily.

There was surprisingly little interaction from the invaders so who knows what may happen in the future.  Also I didn't mention this in the last post, but at some point Liam Gough died and I didn't notice it.  This means that the Nobel Prize winning researcher who discovered TNE's and most of the other beginning technology the Federation needed died and no one cared; there was no media attention whatsoever and Bennett said nothing about it.  This is the state of the Federation, God help them.

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 12:20:38 am »

Hey guys.  Sorry, but no update today.  I was supposed to be free most of the day for this (probably would have done like 10 years), but instead I was again busy helping my brother find a car.  Luckily he now has one so that should open up a lot more time in the coming days.  I probably won't update tomorrow due to a bunch of church related stuff (sorry about another 3 day span of no updates), but on Monday I should be able to go ahead and take plenty of time to do 10 or more years.  Again sorry about all this guys, but now that I'm done with helping my brother on the whole car business I should hopefully be able to get into a more regular schedule.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 04:02:48 am »

Alright cool.  I speak for the fickle and taciturn masses when I say we await your next update with anticipation.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 10:13:05 pm »

Alright I went ahead and did another 5 years and here is what we got:

Federation April 4th 2020:

Kate Lawrence finishes her research into increased mining production as Duranium shortages continue.  She then begins research into better research efficiency.

Federation May 4th 2020:

Sarah Wood, C.O. 4th Low Tech Armour, is promoted to Major-General.

Federation September 10th 2020:

More November class ships are spotted with a new class designated Charlie with a thermal signature of 3520.

Federation September 11th 2020:

The November class is found to have an active sensor strength of 44240 with a resolution of 79 as they come closer to Earth.  The Charlie class is found to have an active sensor strength of 9600 with a resolution of 20.

Federation September 14th 2020:

A new class is detected designated as Kilo with a thermal signature of 10560.  Another class designated Mike has an active sensor strength of 44240 and a resolution of 79.  Yet another class designated Echo has an active sensor strength of 9600 and a resolution of 20.

Federation September 16th 2020:

All of the enemy ships came extremely close to Earth and then suddenly just departed.  Now they have been lost to our sensors.

Federation December 16th 2020:

Construction of mines is finished and it seems that Duranium shortages may have finally stopped.  The extra industry is pushed towards the PDC Tribals.  They are scheduled to all finish construction sometime in the next 2 years.

Federation February 16th 2021:

Kane Davidson, Intelligence officer Fleet-Headquarters, is promoted to Captain.

Federation June 6th 2022:

The PDC Tribals are completed and Bennett is able to sleep a little easier knowing that the Earth at least has a small amount of defenses.  The extra industry is dedicated to construction of more labs.

Federation August 6th 2022:

Kate Lawrence finishes her research.  In honor of Liam Gough, Bennett decides to let Kate Lawrence research into Jump point theory as Gough had recommended.

Federation December 11th 2022:

A new class is discovered of the alien fleet designated Hotel with a thermal signature of 10560.

Federation December 13th 2022:

The Hotel class is capable of moving at 11000 km/s.  A new class is designated Xray with an active sensor strength of 44240 and a resolution of 79 and is capable of moving at 11033 km/s.

In a matter of minutes some of the alien fleet descend upon the Earth and quickly dispatch the entire PDC fleet.  At the same time they begin to bombard the Earth destroying many Human lives.

Federation December 14th 2022:

(Data log began)This is Reece Bennett.  I am one of the last of the Human Race.  The only others here with me are some of the leaders of our race.  I was the Governor of the entire Earth our home planet.  I am placing the entirety of all our logs into this data capsule in the hopes that some other race may find this and be spared this fate.  We don't really know where they came from, but these aliens suddenly entered into our solar system in masses.  They didn't seem to do much, but believing we were in danger I ordered the research and construction of some PDC bases.  Unfortunately the moment that we had constructed defenses the alien race came bearing down on us.  They destroyed everything and everyone.  We had constructed underground bunkers in case of a nuclear fallout, but this...we never planned for this.  Their shells destroyed most of our underground bunkers.  only the deepest were spared.  Now the Earth's atmosphere is destroyed beyond our ability to repair.  The Earth has turned into a ball of ice.  Our bunkers were never designed to withstand this level of cold and so we are going to die soon.  I hope that whatever race may find this will have better luck then we did and perhaps even avenge us for this fate.  I'm going to take this personally to the surface of our planet so that it's not hidden and send out a beacon so someone may find it.  The beacon won't be strong so we shouldn't have to worry about the alien race, but strong enough to detect if you're close.  I hope this reaches someone, Bennett out.(Data log end)

Unity March 6th 2022:

The survey of the system Treegardens star is finished.  No other jump points are found.  The Glorious Heritage is sent to Cur for overhaul and shoreleave.  It will then explore the last jump point in the Ross 47 system.

Unity December 14th 2022:

The Unity feels a sudden sadness for no apparent reason.  Many religious leaders wonder at what the cause could be.  Cha'Lholitef worries as to what this omen could mean.

Unity December 15th 2022:

In the wake of this sadness a new system is discovered.  Groombridge 1618 has only 3 planets 2 of which are dwarfs.

I don't think the state of the Federation is very necessary.

Here is the state of the Unity:

Sorry about the Unity.  I didn't notice that I was destroying the population of the homeworld by both decreasing the amount of infrastructure and moving colonists to the new world.  I went ahead and stopped transporting the infrastructure so hopefully it will build up and they can increase the population again.  I know that the labs and everything else are kind of low on the pole, but I felt that they were gonna take way too long so I put most everything into construction factories to speed up the process.  I have also noticed that the new colony has no governor so I will take care of that next time.  You guys can go ahead and let me know what trait you think I should focus on the most or traits for choosing the governor.  I think I missed most of this because my attention was between two different factions and so sometimes when I was trying to just get through 5 years I would miss a bunch of stuff.  Anyhow I've been diverting attention from the elephant in the room.  The federation is dead.  I have to say I expected it sooner, but at the same time I'm happy to see how far they made it.  It is interesting that there were no attacks until an offensive base was made.  I haven't had a lot of meetings with these guys so I'm not sure if this is a normal thing or not.  Anyhow as you can see I set it up so that the Unity can find the history of the Federation if they go back to Earth.  Sorry for anybody that was rooting for the Federation, although I think even you probably knew that their demise was imminent, but this will allow me to put a lot more attention into the Unity and I think that they have a real chance of dealing with the Invaders.  Also if the Unity keeps having pretty uneventful years then I may start doing 10 years as a more regular thing.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 05:21:26 am »

In a matter of minutes some of the alien fleet descend upon the Earth and quickly dispatch the entire PDC fleet.  At the same time they begin to bombard the Earth destroying many Human lives.

Federation December 14th 2022:

(Data log began)This is Reece Bennett.  I am one of the last of the Human Race.  The only others here with me are some of the leaders of our race.  I was the Governor of the entire Earth our home planet.  I am placing the entirety of all our logs into this data capsule in the hopes that some other race may find this and be spared this fate.  We don't really know where they came from, but these aliens suddenly entered into our solar system in masses.  They didn't seem to do much, but believing we were in danger I ordered the research and construction of some PDC bases.  Unfortunately the moment that we had constructed defenses the alien race came bearing down on us.  They destroyed everything and everyone.  We had constructed underground bunkers in case of a nuclear fallout, but this...we never planned for this.  Their shells destroyed most of our underground bunkers.  only the deepest were spared.  Now the Earth's atmosphere is destroyed beyond our ability to repair.  The Earth has turned into a ball of ice.  Our bunkers were never designed to withstand this level of cold and so we are going to die soon.  I hope that whatever race may find this will have better luck then we did and perhaps even avenge us for this fate.  I'm going to take this personally to the surface of our planet so that it's not hidden and send out a beacon so someone may find it.  The beacon won't be strong so we shouldn't have to worry about the alien race, but strong enough to detect if you're close.  I hope this reaches someone, Bennett out.(Data log end)

Good luck to the Unity I guess.

Side note, they may be hosed as well.

e: perhaps i will devise more to say about this when it isnt 3am
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 05:23:01 am by QuakeIV »
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »

I went ahead and did the next 5 years.  Since it's just the Unity I won't be putting Unity before each date.  I'm gonna put up some updates I previously didn't worry about because of how often they happened since the Unity isn't having a whole lot happen right now.

June 8th 2025:

A new jump point has been found in the Groombridge 1618 system.

August 8th 2025:

A new shipping line has been created named Fouquet Transport and Trading.

December 8th 2025:

Fey Colonly Limited scraps one of its small freighters due to age and Fouquet Transport and Trading launches its first ever vessel the Fouquet Small C4 class Colony Ship.  Cha'Lholitef admires the growing and thriving economy that is being built.

November 16th 2026:

Groombridge 1618 is fully surveyed it has two other jump points.  The next system will be the remaining jump point in the Wolf 294 system.

January 16th 2027:

The new colony is wanting protection in the case of an invasion from one of these aliens they have encountered.  Cha'Lholitef orders the construction of a ground forces training facility to begin producing trained units.

July 16th 2027:

Fey Colony Limited scraps one of their larger freighters due to its age.

August 16th 2027:

3 new Seven Pillars class survey ships are built.  Cha'Lholitef assigns them to begin discovering the minerals throughout their solar system.

February 15th 2028:

Gliese 686 is discovered by the Glorious Heritage it has a good number of inner planets and asteroids and then a huge belt of asteroids outside the jump point range.

May 29th 2028:

The Glorious Heritage finds a new jump point.

September 29th 2028:

After surveying the colony Cha'Lholitef is informed that their are no resources meaning that they cannot produce anything.  This poses an issue.  The colony could potentially be used for construction or an early warning system or something similar with resources being sent to it, but their is another planet near to it that does have resources.  This other system has a far too high temperature though, so it would require terraforming which could take a very long time.

October 29th 2029:

The Glorious Heritage finds yet another jump point.

January 4th 2030:

Another decade has passed and Cha'Lholitef steps out onto the balcony outside his room.  He stares at the sky wondering so many things.  What was this sadness they had experienced.  What did these alien races want.  Was he really running the Unity to the best of his ability?  What wonders and terrors lie ahead?  So many questions that remained unanswered, but soon enough they would become known for better or for worse.

Sorry guys no pictures this time.  Don't have the time to do it, but I'll make sure to get them done tomorrow.  Also wanted to let you guys know ahead of time; this Thursday I'm leaving until sometime on Sunday so there won't be any uploads during that time.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 12:53:45 am »

Woohoo, Aurora LP!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 04:19:37 pm »

Can I be named? Put me in the navy so I can get my own battleship spaceship and go kill pacify aliens.

Oh, as for advice; massively subside the corporations so they have lots of molla to buy ships. By the way the colony is still useful for tradegoods (been a while since I played the game, so don't ask me) so its not a total loss.

Can you give us a list of, if there is any, colonizable planets that does not need to be terraformed in the systems we have discovered so far? If there isn't any then the most suitable planets that require the least terraforming?

They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3