Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dwarves have not been marrying in recent version  (Read 3095 times)

Zac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarves have not been marrying in recent version
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 11:07:05 am »

It is believed that this makes 71.2% of dwarves strictly heterosexual, 23.8% bisexual, 3.8% asexual, and 1.2% strictly homosexual
Nah, the wiki talks about the sexuality that is believed, as someone did the math.

Maybe Toady tweaked those number then. The last time I played was in v40.05 and I recall having 4 of my starting 7 being either gay, asexual or bi without inclination to mary with the other gender and another one being bi but ok for having babies. Or maybe it was just DF not wanting me to survive past the first generation.

One of the issues with your fort rather than the psuedo-political belief I'm not sure is possible in game (and probably should never be added), but rather an issue centered around proximity.
Don't get me wrong, as a bisexual guy I really love seeing some gayness in my DF. I was just trying to make a joke about the "sanctity" argument against gay mariage IRL.

BTW, my maried gays were indeed two muscular and oiled members of my military serving in the same squad.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:12:36 am by Zac »

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 11:55:38 am »

Well then I suppose it makes sense for two oiled up men always wrestling together developing feelings.

Aside from that my main issue is people blaming the dorfs with "alternative" sexualities, when they 'should' make up only 25% of the population, and the amount of the population that can get straight married is around 95% of the population.
But that's a hard statistic, whereas these things are determined from birth, meaning with luck you could have a fort with only lesbians and asexual males. Highly unlikely the higher the population is, but possible.
And in all honesty I'm more used to only having marriages from migrant waves. Seeing a dorf marriage is like seeing a rare nearly endangered bird for me.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 12:10:49 pm »

Yeah, see, it makes me mad as hell when my dwarves won't marry and reproduce. I disable that orientation stuff so that my mega awesome military dwarves can always have families and create awesome family lines.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]