Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 7 days to die(?)  (Read 1272 times)

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
7 days to die(?)
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:21:02 pm »

For the first time I set justice working - guards, hammerer, prison etc. The first convicted was my new mayor, vampire of course. He is imprisoned for 1 year (1 week left).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My prison is set in the cavern, so convicted vampires (I got another one) can mine and hunt there. The second vampire died after the cave-in, while ex-mayor just sat there chained.
It was the best year of his life for sure.

I read dwarf's ethic in entity_default.txt, it says that in dwarven society penalty for murder is death (PUNISH_CAPITAL).
So, it is the last week in his shameful life? Hammerer will smash his brains out or something? Also, which weapon will Hammerer use? A whip, which is in his inventory at the moment, or he'll just grab a random hammer?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:23:50 pm by SMASH! »

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 7 days to die(?)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 12:48:55 pm »

Update.
Hammerer just unchained that bastard. What is wrong? How do I order him executed?

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:55:07 pm »

You dont, but you can still do that manually. Bridges. Spiketraps. 20 z level drops, magma etc pp.

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 01:05:10 pm »

There is something very cool about that gloomy man in the mask. What if I want his head chopped off or something? BTW, why hammerer didn't punish him?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:09:46 pm by SMASH! »

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 01:16:43 pm »

He had his punishment because he was in prison.

There are many ways to remove his head from his body. But no of the is a guarantee.
1. 30+ z leve drop Minimum. Will make him explode apart.
2. Wait until he makes a new crime.
3. Let enemies deal with him.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 01:21:06 pm »

The way I killed my first vampire was by making a one-man squad with him as the captain, ordering him to station under an atom smasher, and dropping the bridge on him. It would fit nicely with your username.

However, consider using him to your advantage rather than killing him. He will be a better soldier because he is stronger and slightly more durable than normal dwarves, and will not get exhausted. He will also never sleep, eat, or drink, which makes him a good person to dedicate to a task with one location - such as being the control guy in the room where all your levers are. He will never go off duty, as in never, making him very useful for that task. Just make sure that he physically cannot get out of the room - burrows will not work because vampires do not respect burrows when they are going to drain a dwarf. They will respect them otherwise, though. This characteristic also makes him very suitable for being the manager or the bookkeeper.

However, if he has many friends (which he likely does, considering he is mayor), he will go insane after a while after being seperated from them, which will cause him to die eventually.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:26:33 pm by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

SMASH!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:38:08 pm »

However, if he has many friends (which he likely does, considering he is mayor), he will go insane after a while after being seperated from them, which will cause him to die eventually.
Don't know about friends, but he is already very stressed.

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 02:39:31 pm »

The best way to force him to be executed is to make sure none of your chains can be used for justice when he gets convicted, what'll happen then is that he'll be "let off" with a beating instead. Make sure he has a nice squad to himself at the time with "no uniform" and "replace clothing" set just to be sure.

It's my prefered method of dealing with them, that or just using them as scapegoats for every crime that occurs in the fort while they sit chained up in a tiny cell forever.

EDIT: Fixed some spelling and grammar stuff...
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.