Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast Mass Murderer  (Read 6527 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast Mass Murderer
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 04:43:44 am »

You only have to dump sentient corpses, which include troll, gorlak, troglodit, ogre. Dwarf "doesn't feel anything" when seeing animal corpse.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 01:58:31 pm »

Magma cleansing would help eliminate the corpse. 
I think high discipline turned corpse hauler can handle the job with less hit to stress.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 04:27:42 pm »

In my experience discipline does nothing to reduce the amount of stress a dwarf accumulates, but it does seem to make them less prone to the consequences of stress. They seem have less frequent tantrums/depression/etc., and tend to reach MUCH higher stress levels before they finally snap. My record was a dwarf who got to about 850k stress, and spent more than 3 years above 500k stress, before finally losing it permanently. His discipline was at grand master.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 08:48:46 pm »

Eldin00: Hmm, that's interesting.  Makes sense; the horror of seeing someone "die" (i.e., seeing their corpse) was affected by "doesn't care about anything anymore" or something along those lines, not discipline.  Now that the happiness system has changed, discipline really is used a lot.  Wow, now your soldiers won't tantrum as much, even if some stress gets past their "not caring" due to seeing a thousand goblins and kobolds and elves die.

You know, militia-dwarves would have both high discipline and high "not caring-ness."

Skuggen: Yep, magma would definitely be a solution for this.  I'd better create a tank of magma for all of my problems.  We should make a list of problems magma can solve.  Or, more realistically, can't solve.  That would definitely be much smaller!

By the way, guys, did you know that my dwarves have no problem drinking water?  Now I can forbid all the booze and sell it off to the caravan like we were told to by the King!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 11:33:26 pm »

I am a proud user of dwarf therapist. I do not assign labors vanilla-style. It's a lot easier and frankly allows me to see what needs doing and who can do it best quickly. In short, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call me, or any other DT user, "Pathetic."

Thanks chief.

Besides if you were a real dwarf you'd let your woodcutter go insane, it is the highest state of dwarfliness.
I mainly find not being able to use the vanilla interface pathetic, but your post did inspire me. I've decided that the caverns will be closed to save my regular citizens from the stress of seeing the skeletons, but leave the woodcutter to cut trees. If he goes insane then I have plenty of wood already. If he manages to cut all the trees without succumbing to the horrors of skeletons from random animals that died several months ago that realistically is no more terrifying than the many bone crafts in our fort, then I'll let him back in and do something cool with him. Maybe make him the commander of a military squad.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 05:30:08 pm »

Personally I have nothing against using it, but if you cant use the vanilla interface yeah I agree they are pretty pathetic.

I wouldn't call someone "pathetic" because of his way playing a game.
It's a preference.
I never used Dwarf Therapist - but that's mostly because I started playing DF when there wasn't something like Dwarf Therapist.
I accustomed myself to the vanilla interface but even I have to admit that the UI is horrible in many regards - and that someone would prefer DT and not even trying to bother with vanilla.
I would never call them anything.
After all it's just a game and there are many ways to enjoy it.
And what's the point in having no fun while playing?

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 02:34:28 pm »

Eventually a forgotten beast showed up, but as it was brided off I didn't really care

By Armok's beard, they get married now? Toady really does think of everything.

You didn't get your invite?  It was beautiful... the groom wore glass, the bride wore a fetching number with three horns and lidless eyes.  The wedding party threw dust everywhere instead of rice.  We all had a great time until we hemorrhaged to death.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 07:45:44 pm »

Eventually a forgotten beast showed up, but as it was brided off I didn't really care

By Armok's beard, they get married now? Toady really does think of everything.

You didn't get your invite?  It was beautiful... the groom wore glass, the bride wore a fetching number with three horns and lidless eyes.  The wedding party threw dust everywhere instead of rice.  We all had a great time until we hemorrhaged to death.

By the power invested in me, I declare you man and wife. You are caught in a pool of magma. You are melting.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]