Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: has the new build finally fixed the armor equip problem  (Read 1934 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: has the new build finally fixed the armor equip problem
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »

I've changed all my uniforms to "replace", now but when I look at individual dwarf inventories in-game,
It appears many of them will only wear one (Left or right) gauntlet and/or one right high boot, and no left  :o
Any ideas?

My uniforms are pretty standard light-full-coverage builds, with socks, legwear gloves, and mittens of their choice added to
mail shirt, leather armor, cloak, hood, gauntlets, high boots, helms, shield
Did you notice that it says "boot" or "gauntlet" on the equip screen (rather than "boots" or "gauntlets") after you put it on a dwarf? That's not a typo, it only assigns one, so you have to tell them to equip two gauntlets and two boots

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 02:28:46 am »

Hm, very good to know that you have to specify both of a pair. I guess that is done to handle the problem with the one legged soldier how fails to put on the second boot (which DT reported as missing eqipment)?

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2015, 02:51:24 am »

I've changed all my uniforms to "replace", now but when I look at individual dwarf inventories in-game,
It appears many of them will only wear one (Left or right) gauntlet and/or one right high boot, and no left  :o
Any ideas?

My uniforms are pretty standard light-full-coverage builds, with socks, legwear gloves, and mittens of their choice added to
mail shirt, leather armor, cloak, hood, gauntlets, high boots, helms, shield
Did you notice that it says "boot" or "gauntlet" on the equip screen (rather than "boots" or "gauntlets") after you put it on a dwarf? That's not a typo, it only assigns one, so you have to tell them to equip two gauntlets and two boots

Incorrect, you only need to assign "gauntlets" and "boots" so one of each. I do it and it works fine, yes it says "boot" or "gauntlet" after you assigned it but it actually is a pair.

Don't assign any mittens/gloves or socks and it should work for you too.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:54:23 am by bluephoenix »

Darkweave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 09:08:38 am »

Incorrect, you only need to assign "gauntlets" and "boots" so one of each. I do it and it works fine, yes it says "boot" or "gauntlet" after you assigned it but it actually is a pair.

Don't assign any mittens/gloves or socks and it should work for you too.

This is the correct answer. Helped quite a few people with one gauntlet or one boot issues the other day and this was the problem every time. Just skip the socks and mittens. You're not getting enough extra protection for it to be worth the hassle and risk of a missing steel high boot.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 10:36:39 am »

unless you're in favour of an extra 1/100th chance of stopping a bruising on one foot for losing another entirely!
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk
Pages: 1 [2]