Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New God Saga: Turn 2 (Game Thread)  (Read 2780 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: New God Saga: Turn 1 (Game Thread)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 11:54:28 am »

Kiar scowled. "No reply? Boring, boring!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: New God Saga: Turn 1.5 (Game Thread)
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 03:05:17 pm »

Upon hearing your voice, the woman quickly bows towards her altar, still adorned with the remains of her victims. In a trembling voice, filled with mixed fear, surprise and awe, she answers. "To give you life my lord. Nothing more. I do all this for you an-"

Feeling another presence, the woman cowers in fear; she had clearly not expected this. She felt knives stabbing her skull, each departing whispers of ambition and power. They spoke of a throne, an order by which her rule would be supreme and without question. A world wherein hers was the final arbiter. The voices spoke further, of the flames and fire; to burn away those who opposed. She looked mortified.

"No...no, no, no...M-my lords, I am nothing but a Sister of your Blessed Lady; I am but your humble servant. I do not lead b-but only follow. Please, do not give me the command of your righhtful dominions."

"Liiiiife... Worship. Sacrifice, or devotion. Give praise, gather followers, obey commands. Receive miracles. A bargain, perhaps?"

Converse with the Sister.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 03:55:12 pm »

"I am no demon. I am a new god! I tell you now, follow me and you shall grow in power and riches. I can even help you find your sister...

If the young man agrees teach him a spell to summon a shroud of shadow and ask him about the rest of his family.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: New God Saga: Turn 1.5 (Game Thread)
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 06:26:39 pm »

Feeling another presence, the woman cowers in fear; she had clearly not expected this. She felt knives stabbing her skull, each departing whispers of ambition and power. They spoke of a throne, an order by which her rule would be supreme and without question. A world wherein hers was the final arbiter. The voices spoke further, of the flames and fire; to burn away those who opposed. She looked mortified.

"No...no, no, no...M-my lords, I am nothing but a Sister of your Blessed Lady; I am but your humble servant. I do not lead b-but only follow. Please, do not give me the command of your righhtful dominions."
"Bah, then use your power to serve me, if it pleases you. But know that Tiara, Goddess of Power, has little use for weak-willed servants! Know what you want and take it!

...speaking of, I crave worship. Can this be arranged?"

-

Sensing her opportunity, Tiara sent the priest's uncle a dream, whispering to him to seize the opportunity. It might not make sense immediately, but when his nephew came by, hopefully he'd know that this was both of their chances.

Converse with Sister. Influence Priest's Uncle to assist and join Priest in ambitious rise to power.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 01:24:23 am »

Turn 2

Crimson Kiar

[Nothing specifically for this god]

Lienruas

The beggar, though still in shock and anger, accepted your offer. He scouted a smithy in the city's Arsenal; where the city's weapon manufacturers and warehouses were located. From what he knew, the owner made mostly nails and naval equipment. What the beggar had in mind was much different. One night, he crept into the shop, avoiding the patrols and wandering citizenry. He quietly made for the forge, hoping not to alert the owner and his workers. The knowledge of Lienruas soon filled him; the anvil, fire, iron and cast became common words to him. He knew what to do. A weapon would be crafted to avenge his lost and those others who had been given. He started the tools and began his work...

The embers had only begun to glow white when the noise created by the forge awoke the inhabitants. What ensued would see the beggar chased out of the Arsenal, hiding in various alleys and finally escaping his pursuers in one of the slums.Had his face been seen, Enzo would have been a wanted thief. Thankfully, his break-and-entry had been too swift for anyone to see him clearly.  While disappointed, the beggar was now an apostle of Lienruas. With his worship, he revealed his name to be Enzo and that while he was prevented from creating the weapon tonight, he would try and try again till he succeeded.

And thus the months passed. The god spoke to him little; Enzo interpreted that as the god telling him to forge the Weapon. It had started with his son but now he felt the Weapon could lead to so much more...if he could only forge it. He staked outside smithies, checking their security and their employees. Narrowing down his targets, he focused on smithies that had few workers and less visitors. Eventually, after many failed attempts, Enzo completed his calling. From his hand, an Axe was made; of simple steel and wood, he had crafted an elegant blade to tear the Sister limb from limb. Though a mundane weapon, Enzo felt a deep bond to it, thanking his god for its creation.

With little more to do, he needed only to wait for the right time to strike at the Sister...

Ven Half-Formed

The Sister Clemence receives your message with a much more welcoming mood. Without hesitance, she began her work that night. Though your fellow god's interference was problematic. The Sister knew that at the very least, two gods had called on her and now she would serve them both. She begun her work slowly. Turning away the gifts of a suitor, she spoke whispers and wrote subtle letters to her fellow Sisters and others she knew. Though few knew her true intentions, most who did called her mad; after all, if these gods were real, why then did they not act upon the world? However, she was able to gather a few followers to her cause...

Tiara

Though Sister Clemence does gather for you worshipers, you share it with your fellow deity Ven. While inconvenient, this has so far ensured your survival. Even so, you needed more.

The Priest spoke with uncharacteristic grace and charisma. By the time deacon Wilhelm had finished meeting with his uncle, Chaplain Laurence, the two had worked out an ingenious plan to gather more power for the family. They would speak to their respective flocks, especially the more influential ones, about donations. For renovations and relics they would say. All true. Some of course would be used for administrative costs. Also true. If some of these funds were to be used indirectly in support of the church, then no one would be the wiser.

And thus, the two slowly built up their coffers and influence. With the Prince's ear, the Chaplain inquired on Secrets and Assets while the Deacon built up his position in his parish, lavishing feasts and ceremonies for all to attend. For his efforts, he was given the rank of Canon; a true priest of the parish and one who would lead worshipers. That the Prince had recommended his promotion was of course a mere coincidence.

While both were as of yet unaware of their benefactor, they knew in their hearts that someone had taken a liking to them. To Canon Wilhelm, it was clear who he had taken a liking too...and yet she still spurned him.

Seyk

The youth agrees with some hesitance, making sure he has not been bound to a devil's deal. Immediately, the Gift was apparent; without even the slightest effort, the boy was now perhaps one of the best thieves in the city. He of course became quite thankful, especially after several hauls, cleared debts, promotions and boosted notoriety over the course of the year.

The boy has little to say about his family; a dead mother, a crippled father and 3 remaining siblings to feed. Of course, your gift has ensured their survival, and now, wealth.

Quite thankful, the youth, Jean, becomes a loyal follower. Never the religious sort, your clear existence has had him dedicate a large part of his life to your worship, even telling others of you. Even now, a Cult grows in your name; the Cult of Shadow.

General

The New Year comes with the celebrations as expected. Religious rituals by both of the major faiths play out; mystical dances and solemn masses joined together by the wild revelry of the city streets. Eventually however, normality returns...or at least as normal as it will ever be. The Cult of Shadow has become influential even amongst the wealthy. While only Jean has been blessed, even this gift has seen him rise the social hierarchy. Now using several aliases, he has met with many merchants and lords, working as an agent, negotiator and extortionist. Rumours of his ability has resulted in Asirist clergy to declare the man a demon or cultist, calling for his death. Were he able to be found, they would no doubt do so. Due to this, inquisitors have been sent to the city to prevent further sin. Men donned in the clothing civilians, with their identities given away only by a small sapphire ring, these men are ardent believers in the Asirist faith and would purge all those who would not see the righteousness of their cause...were it not for the power of the law, of course. As such, they have launched an all out assault on the Cult of Shadow and other illegal faiths they can find. Their prayers are invisible to the gods, as if they were directed to another..

A Cult amongst the Elysian Grove has formed.
The Yardling family has increased their influence. Wilhelm has become a Canon.
The Cult of Shadow has formed amongst the city's seedier residents.
Several major robberies have resulted in greater security.
The deaths of many prominent gang leaders have resulted in disarray in the criminal underworld.
Asirist inquisitors have arrived. They are targeting the Cult of Shadow.

Spoiler: Gathered Knowledge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cult Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:33:17 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: New God Saga: Turn 2 (Game Thread)
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 02:21:18 am »

Talk to the priest.

"Greetings, my little priest! I see you are doing well now! But your ultimate goal remains... quite out of reach. A problem, yes? I can help you... but everything comes with a price! And my cost, my darling priest, is prayer! Worship! Let the name of Crimson Kiar, Queen of Sensation, be the one of your lips... aside from your lover's, of course! Gyahahaha!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 11:43:57 am »

"You are doing wonderful my loyal Jean, but I need more followers and power. Find two of my followers, that you find to be the loyalist and give them one of these scrolls. They shall gain powers just has you have and be tasked with the job of learning about the magic of this world and stealing magic artifacts."

Give Jean two scrolls, one silver and one gold with a picture of a bluebird on each. The person that opens the silver shall gain the power to sense magic and other life forms. The person that open the gold shall be able teleport a short distance, to any place they can see, by snapping their fingers.

"Tell me Jean what are these, other gods, that the people of this world worship?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 05:05:37 am »

Mini Turn*

"Tell me Jean what are these, other gods, that the people of this world worship?"
Despite a year of living in luxury, Jean's accent is still unrefined. Regardless, you are able to discern much about the local faiths. While Jean does not know about the whole world's religions, he does tell you that much of the 'civilised' countries around the Grand Sea are adherents to Asirism. They worship a single god who's name is not uttered due to its sacredness. Instead, several epitaphs are used. Jean himself does not know the being's name. The one defining characteristic of the faith you are able to pick out is that the god descends from the higher heavens and orbits the world every 50 years during which magic becomes extremely weak.

The other major religion in the area, he tells you, does not have a proper name. It's called the Followers of Saint Clementine or the Chanters, Chanting Cult, or the Faith of the Old Gods. In common parlance, it is called the Way. He tells you that he doesn't know much about it except that they follow the teachings of a cleric and that they worship mainly in their groves or shrines. They're tolerated by the Asirist Church because of some laws passed a few decades back.

Talk to the priest.

"Greetings, my little priest! I see you are doing well now! But your ultimate goal remains... quite out of reach. A problem, yes? I can help you... but everything comes with a price! And my cost, my darling priest, is prayer! Worship! Let the name of Crimson Kiar, Queen of Sensation, be the one of your lips... aside from your lover's, of course! Gyahahaha!"

The man is of course, shocked, awed and outright mortified at your offer. Initially. With a little thought he agrees to do so.

*These are for conversations/actions/etc. that don't require a full year.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 08:32:02 am »

Greed: A woman dressed in gold watches her neighbour. She sees his ships ready to set sail and his children taught by the most learned men of the city. She could never reach that splendour; all she had were inheritances and allowances from her distant father. She desired more but lacked the initiative to seize it...
"Wealth... so hard to gain... so easy to lose... And some willing to trade it away, for the right price. Religion, opportunity, political advantage... what do you think would stir his heart? What are you prepared to offer, to him, or to another?"
Converse with the golden fool.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 [2]