Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33047 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 13
« Reply #705 on: February 20, 2015, 07:04:01 pm »

Note: Updates may be slowed or on hold for a few days as I'm fighting a headcold and my brain feels like syrup
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 24, 2015, 10:16:16 pm »

Are you not sick any more?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2015, 03:37:04 am »

Well, my headcold caused a loss in motivation (plus the fact that not enough tragedy seems to happen in this game). I could try to continue, or I can abstract humanity being saved based on how current dice rolls seem to be progressing >_>
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 25, 2015, 03:50:49 am »

The answer is obviously to deliberate balance the system for tragedy.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 25, 2015, 05:07:12 am »

But we (or at least I) like how it's going at the moment! Even without tragedy it's still very engaging to play. Think of it like Minecraft. Even if you put it on creative mode where there's no "tragedy", it's still really run to play just because of all the interesting stuff you can do in it. This game is like Minecraft in that way.

If you really want us to have more challenge, perhaps we can eventually find ourselves in a situation where we can make a second scout ship and send it back to Earth to fix it again? Not only will we have to fight the environment, but cultists and mutants as well. Could have some eldritch space dragons taken over Holy Sol or something.

Or perhaps we might encounter aliens in space? Lots of ways we can go with that: WH40k-style galaxy conquest, interstellar/galactic community (Star Wars I guess), or have aliens attack humans for some reason and we have to fight back (cliché but you might make it work). Perhaps even a kind of Mass Effect kind of game where there's a large, extra-galactic threat about to kill everything and we need to find/work with alien species to survive?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 25, 2015, 05:16:41 am »

I'm not sure that going from hard Science fiction to semi-molten icecream is a good idea.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 25, 2015, 12:07:35 pm »

Eh, it just seems like good luck, a well made ship and a nice planet combined to make a relatively bland building simulator rather then dire and desperate survival.

Planning and building out a city like that could be fun but it seems like little challenge at this point, I can see why you might want to throw your hands up and go "BAH, fine!  You win!"  though I think the rest of us would be happy if it kept going as well.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 25, 2015, 02:32:07 pm »

Personally, I dont like semi-molten science, and am kinda hoping that something crops up that raises an issue (Some sort of natural disaster, incompatible amino acids, explosive pollination that screws over humans, etc...)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]