Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smelter ignoring regeant?  (Read 626 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Smelter ignoring regeant?
« on: November 10, 2014, 01:25:37 pm »

Okay, so a while ago, I made a metal called Burning Steel. It required ten cave/mountain/normal dragon bones, two steel bars, three fuel, and a flux. It's slightly weaker than a divine metal, lighter than steel, and can be made in batches of three for two steel bars. Problem now is, it suddenly disregards the need for bone. I slaughtered a few mountain dragons, and killed a regular dragon, so I could outfit my military in burning steel. Got 42 bars out of this. Now that I'm out of bones, the smelter is skipping the bones and still producing burning steel. Why? I couldn't do it before. Here's the raws for the one requiring mountain dragons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:29:37 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Smelter ignoring regeant?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:33:43 pm »

Anything in your errorlog?

One thing I can think of it that there's no item token and sub-token in this reagent line.
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:B:10:CREATURE_MAT:MOUNTAIN_DRAGON:BONE]

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:34:46 pm »

[REAGENT:B:10:CREATURE_MAT:MOUNTAIN_DRAGON:BONE]
Reagent B is malformed - you haven't specified any sort of item type.

What you want is "[REAGENT:B:10:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]" with an additional classifier to restrict what type of bone materials it can accept:
* Material reaction product - "[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRAGON_BONE]" in the reaction, "[SELECT_MATERIAL:BONE][MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRAGON_BONE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE]" in the creature definition. This should work properly - the "Tan a hide" reaction works this way.
* Reaction class - "[REACTION_CLASS:DRAGON_BONE]" in the reaction, "[SELECT_MATERIAL:BONE][REACTION_CLASS:DRAGON_BONE]" in the creature definition. I don't remember offhand whether or not this works properly with body parts.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:36:26 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 05:36:36 pm »

Thanks! I'll check that through. Nothing in the errorlog.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 10:22:30 pm »

Soul, would you mind messaging me the new mountain dragon raws?
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 10:26:42 pm »

Oh, getting on that right now! Sorry for making you wait. Trying to do school, modding, sleeping, socializing, and playing all at once. Raws going to you right now.