Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Death Trap Assembly/Suggestions  (Read 1534 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death Trap Assembly/Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 07:17:33 am »

Couldn't you lair flag it to prevent item scrambling?
Lair flagging has been tentatively linked to 'bad things', but in this case it should be OK.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 09:16:41 pm »

Giving it thought it would work better without it, just make sure before you abandon the fort to remove EVERYTHING except the pieces of the trap and puzzles, so you get in and there are lots of minecarts and wheelbarrows and rocks and other objects with different weights that you have to find, pair up, and put on the right switches to activate a series of doors/hatches/bridges/whatever to reach the inner sanctum.

In the process those same carts end up careening around the place activating other traps and fun things like atom-smasher hallways and other such repeaters.

Heck, wouldn't walking around inside of a minecart computer be pretty dangerous?

Incorporate one into the system and see if you can require asking it a question to open the final door!

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 10:30:03 am »

Don't items stay put if you block off normal access*? So if the only way into the fortress is to jump, wouldn't that prevent item scrambling?

*Which is to say, if you make it impossible to walk to the inside of the fort.

No. I blocked off all access to my fort. I sealed it, then abandoned it. Walled it in, completely. No way in or out.

I STILL HAD all my items scattered all over the map.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!
Pages: 1 [2]