Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Help with creating my first playable creature  (Read 2107 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: Help with creating my first playable creature
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 01:19:52 pm »

Ok, the blood makes spatterings on the floor which actually stay and can be seen, but walking over them or licking them still does nothing.
Can you post the whole edited creature and material template again, just to see if any copy-paste errors wiggled their way in?  I suspect that your creature raws are fine because changes to the template are affecting the creature's behavior in the arena.  The syndrome should look something like

Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
    [SYN_NAME:reptoid blood poisoning]
    [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
    [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:REPTOID:ALL]
    [SYN_CONTACT]
    [SYN_INGESTED]
    [CE_FLASH_TILE:'*':7:0:1:FREQUENCY:100:100:START:0]
    [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:15]
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

The Mighty Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Mead Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2014, 02:03:59 pm »

I can't post the stuff right now (I'm on mobile and won't be able to access my PC), but stay tuned because I'll certainly post the raws later on.

The Mighty Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Mead Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 12:47:20 pm »

Okay, here's the creature raws:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the blood:

Hope this helps!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 01:34:18 pm »

I forgot to put a :START:0:END:2000 at the end of the flash-tile effect, but everything else looks to me like it should work.

If there's nothing popping up in the error log, try moving the syndrome from the blood template into the creature itself (right after the blood template is invoked, before it is assigned to the BLOOD tag).  That's not supposed to make a difference, but it could.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:34 pm »

Try throwing this into your creature listing after blood is defined- It's what you need to determine whether your syndrome is actually happening. You can add symptoms another time.

Also, take that [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] from the creature- it probably won't screw with anything, but it will probably populate your errorlog with unneeded stuff- problematic when you inevitably get hooked on modding and need to troubleshoot specific problems- it's just another thing popping up on every reload that you have to look through and figure out if it's the thing that's messing with you.

If you want Castes and Ideas/what you can do with them, just check out my Fortress Complete mod sometime. I even keep separate things for my stuff as opposed to base DF stuff (all the _xdelioth stuff- items_xdelioth/entity_xdelioth/&c.) The Minotaurans and Smallkin would be where you'd want to look for those- they're in Creature_XDelioth somewhere. Should be easy enough to find.... They're freaking huge (I think I've got like 6 castes*male/female for each (With slightly different fur colors for many as well) for minotaurans, and I think.... maybe... 8 or 9 *male/female smallkins? Something like that.)

I'll edit in my RAWs for you if you want. Not on my PC right now to have them. Or you can just go download it on the mod releases forum :P.
[SHAMELESS_SELF_PLUG_END]
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma
Pages: 1 2 [3]