Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems with Animal Corpses, maybe also Dumping  (Read 693 times)

neilthrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Problems with Animal Corpses, maybe also Dumping
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:54:42 pm »

Hey, been awhile since I played, maybe I'm forgetting something. But here goes. Using the latest version, FYI.

Some migrants arived with a horse and donkey, I forgot to pasture them. Now I can't get their corpses out of my meeting hall. I've got refuse piles on the surface, accesible to the dwarves. I've got a corpse pile too. No one is moving the corpses out. I have idlers with the refuse and corpse hauling enabled.

I'm also having probelms getting people to dump. I wanted to clear out the bottom of my well I'm building, and rescue some valuable marble and hematite. I designated it all for Dump and put a Garbage Dump Zone nearby. No one will move the stuff.

Anything I might be doing wrong? Common Mistakes? I used to be able to do these things easily.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Animal Corpses, maybe also Dumping
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:11:31 am »

They are not forbidden are they?

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 06:12:51 am »

i experienced this problem too. somehow a badger got into my fortress and got killed, nobody cared to haul the body to the pile, they didn't even dump it after i enabled the dump setting. the badger, skeleton by now, is still laying in my fortress. oh, of course it wasn't forbidden.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 08:32:34 am »

i experienced this problem too. somehow a badger got into my fortress and got killed, nobody cared to haul the body to the pile, they didn't even dump it after i enabled the dump setting. the badger, skeleton by now, is still laying in my fortress. oh, of course it wasn't forbidden.
Same problem with vermin remains in the latest update.
And ye si know how to handle that stuff.

Seleucian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 01:19:54 pm »

I'm having similar issues in 40.13. Dwarfs won't dump things or pick up corpses indoors. I found out I could fix it by changing the refuse order to ' Dwarfs gather refuse from outside'.

neilthrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 06:29:23 pm »

I'm having similar issues in 40.13. Dwarfs won't dump things or pick up corpses indoors. I found out I could fix it by changing the refuse order to ' Dwarfs gather refuse from outside'.

BINGO! Looks like my inside was determined to be outside somehow. I changed the job order and all the dead animals in my dining hall have been put in the proper places.

THANKS!

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 11:36:42 am »

(*) Made outside refuse order respect inside/outside instead of above ground/subterranean
   (*) Stopped inside above ground corpses/corpse pieces from being destroyed periodically,

Possible bug related to recent changes, perhaps?

The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?