Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Turning yourself in? (4.07.4 beta)  (Read 6508 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turning yourself in? (4.07.4 beta)
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 08:45:28 pm »

And the alignment of the president and popularity of the LCS, and possibly popularity of the liberal in question.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 07:41:42 pm »

I was counting the president as a one of those governmental entities, yeah.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 08:29:02 pm »

Okay, I looked up the law for pardons in the U. S. constitution. The President has the power to pardon cases of federal law, but not people sentenced for crimes under state law. Governors, however, have the power to pardon criminals by state law.

The line between federal jurisdictions and state jurisdictions is seemingly nonexistent in Liberal Crime Squad, so I am uncertain if this should matter to us. LCS is quite realistic as far as the mechanics of how voting and legislation work in the U. S. government, but quite unrealistic in terms of what the powers of the different branches of government are and where their jurisdictions begin and end.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 02:09:46 am »

Okay, I looked up the law for pardons in the U. S. constitution. The President has the power to pardon cases of federal law, but not people sentenced for crimes under state law. Governors, however, have the power to pardon criminals by state law.

The line between federal jurisdictions and state jurisdictions is seemingly nonexistent in Liberal Crime Squad, so I am uncertain if this should matter to us. LCS is quite realistic as far as the mechanics of how voting and legislation work in the U. S. government, but quite unrealistic in terms of what the powers of the different branches of government are and where their jurisdictions begin and end.

That's why I didn't bother with the distinction.  ;-)  By rights most of the crimes on the rap sheet should be separately counted by city, since each is in a separate jurisdiction.  (Washington state, California, New York, and Washington DC.  Whether you want to bother with DC and Federal being separate laws is up to you.)

States are pretty unimplemented in LCS; the only time I ever see 'em is in Constitutional amendments, and there the voting feels downright random.  Have everything L+ and hope for the best.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 09:40:49 am »

Well, I can tell you why it works that way. Each state has a political alignment bias, as well as a political alignment variable bias. This variable bias is a + or - on the state's alignment bias for any amendment, and is added (or subtracted) from the state's normal alignment bias. The apparent random behavior of states depends on this alignment variable. Again, some states aren't very variable, while others are quite variable.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 11:45:05 pm »

Well, I can tell you why it works that way. Each state has a political alignment bias, as well as a political alignment variable bias. This variable bias is a + or - on the state's alignment bias for any amendment, and is added (or subtracted) from the state's normal alignment bias. The apparent random behavior of states depends on this alignment variable. Again, some states aren't very variable, while others are quite variable.

And at the end of the day, there's not much you can do about it, so I'll stand by my previous statement.  L+ as much as possible and hope for the best.  :-/
Pages: 1 [2]