Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Running President  (Read 7393 times)

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
Re: Running President
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 01:25:16 pm »

One thing I was thinking of a while ago, correct me if this is now possible:

It would that it would be nice to be able to get your active liberals jobs: basically turn them into sleepers. For example if you recruit a "college student" they basically stay a "college student" forever once you recruit them, the same for "teenager". This breaks realism too much. A "teenager" should a blank slate that can develop into many different types of liberal.

Job title / description should be a dynamic thing, not static, and it would be nice to be able to train up someone then have them infiltrate a workplace, gain a job title etc. Thus, a complete overhaul for the career system would be nice, with promotions and the like, and this would play nicely into the idea that you can manipulate the system so that the President is a sleeper.

Small correction: if you recruit a Teenager, once they turn 18 they will turn into a Political Activist. As for perpetual College Students, I would consider that a joke and leave things that way (the political comic strip Doonesbury has a perpetual college student in it). Now Teenagers don't turn into Political Activists at age 18 in the latest beta release of the game and maybe not in the latest stable release either but they do in the latest SVN releases, that was a temporary bug, there are older versions of the game that don't have that bug, I'm not quite sure when that bug was introduced but it was one of the bugs I fixed in the last few months (I think I fixed it in June of this year).
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 09:42:33 pm »

Playing with the concept...

Members with high Charisma should be allowed to run for office, but only within your budget limits.  Which, for most people, would just be mayor or less.  But that's a start, and such agents would be converted into Sleepers of that office.  As sleeper they'd be able to funnel funding into your organization to allow other members to run for office.  Keep it up long enough and you've created your own political party, and actually be bringing in enough income to run for higher offices like the House and Senate.  Once you've got you people in there, assuming that this doesn't win the game for it by itself, then maybe you could indeed generate the funding needed to run for president.

The catch is, of course, that anyone running for office would have to have zero crimes on their record, which pretty much caps their charisma stat pretty low.

Of course, this could be solved if there was actually a way to raise Juice without committing crimes, but so far that has yet to implemented.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2014, 03:21:44 am »

Of course, this could be solved if there was actually a way to raise Juice without committing crimes, but so far that has yet to implemented.

There are a few ways to raise Juice without committing crimes. If you look closely at the source code or pay careful attention you'll notice them. There are very few of them though. I'll just keep them secret for now...

Just kidding. I know of 2 ways to get Juice without committing a crime. One is a successful defense in court (either a sleeper Lawyer or you defending yourself can gain Juice by being very successful in a court defense). OK, OK, that does require SOMEONE to commit a crime... but your sleeper Lawyer, if they are getting Juice, isn't the one who committed the crime.

The other way is to defeat the Conservative Crime Squad in armed combat by conquering all 3 of their bases (all your base are belong to us). I would note that if you attack or kill a CCS operative at one of their bases it ISN'T illegal or considered a crime. So actually this is perfectly legal, although it involves lots of violence. LEGAL violence. So yeah any violence at a CCS base is legal, plus you get free Juice for conquering all 3 bases for everyone in the entire Liberal Crime Squad.

Oh yeah and I thought of a third one. Backstabbing someone to death with no witnesses. This requires a knife-class weapon (Combat Knife, Shank, etc., best to go with the Combat Knife). Sure, sure, it's technically supposed to be illegal to kill someone, but if you do it right, you don't get caught, and nobody will suspect you of a crime. You can only do this if Conservatives at the site are not Alarmed.

There's probably other ways too... so OK my first example of getting Juice without committing a crime involves committing a crime FIRST and going on trial and THEN you can get the Juice for a really good defense. And my second and third examples both involve doing violent stuff that ought to be illegal, namely murder, but getting away with it and not being charged with murder or even suspected of it.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2014, 08:34:34 am »

There are two more ways: killing somebody in one of your bases, during a siege (as long as it's not a police/national guard/army/navy siege). So CCS, CIA, hicks, etc. Again, violent, but legally violent.

The other way is through sleeper snooping: snooping for secrets is actually not a crime. Your sleepers will not get charged with anything nor be arrested if caught snooping. They can be fired, but that just forces your sleeper to become an active LCS member instead of a sleeper.

Lastly, if somebody gets juice for any reason, xyr contact also gets 20% of the juice gotten. This means that you can juice somebody by having xyr recruits commit crimes without the contact committing any crimes at all. Hacking is extremely good at this; if you recruit five hackers and have them start hacking (in a different safehouse, preferably), then your founder will probably have 200 juice and a clean rap sheet by the time that the cops arrive. Your hackers will do hard time, but they'll have enough juice not to rat out your leader, so xe'll be safe.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2014, 09:30:17 am »

Hey! Nobody's mentioned sneaking around conservative areas like Genetics, Cosmetics, and the Factory, and stealing minor loot. So long as you don't get caught -- which, with 10+ disguise and persuasion, and decent stealth, I don't tend to be unless I steal with somebody flat-out watching -- you can get 200 juice in a month or two with nobody the wiser. Just don't smash anything or you'll get vandalism charges. Mind, vandalism is very minor, and I recruit mutants with high stats all around, so they could clear themselves of charges no problem... buuuuut you can totally rob conservatives blind without getting dinged for it. At least, in r854.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:16 am »

Oh yeah, there are lots of crimes you can commit and get away with reliably, but relatively few ways of getting juice that don't involve some kind of crime! :p

Winning LCS without committing crime is hard, at least on nightmare mode (admittedly because in nightmare mode a lot of things are criminal that, well, shouldn't be - it's what the LCS is trying to fight, after all, is these unjust laws! ;))

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 10:30:35 am »

Oh yeah, there are lots of crimes you can commit and get away with reliably, but relatively few ways of getting juice that don't involve some kind of crime! :p

Winning LCS without committing crime is hard, at least on nightmare mode (admittedly because in nightmare mode a lot of things are criminal that, well, shouldn't be - it's what the LCS is trying to fight, after all, is these unjust laws! ;))

Ohhh, that's what you meant. I must have misread. I thought the only point was to not have any crimes on your record, which is fairly easy in my experience.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 03:13:37 pm »

Army Veterans start with extra juice, so they can recruit others, without commiting crimes. It should thus be possible, to get a large number of writers for the liberal guardian by only recruiting army veterans. They can be found at the university appartments. This is however very tedious, as you have to let them talk to hippies a lot to raise their persuation, and on a conservative public opinion, it takes long, to find liberal or moderate army veterans.

If you just want to avoid murder, you can kill monsters at the genetic lab, who don't count as human. Getting out without fighting security guards can however be tricky.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2014, 03:17:29 pm »

Army veterans generally don't have enough juice to recruit, though. However, almost everybody has enough basic attributes (charisma in vanilla LCS) to seduce multiple lovers, and you can expand your network indefinitely that way.

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 03:42:34 pm »

Veterans get 1d100 juice (CREATURETYPE.CPP, line 612), so there is a 1:1 chance they can recruit. If they have below 50 juice, you can simply fire them. They can't rat you out, if their recruiter isn't wanted.(REVIEWMODE.CPP, line 645)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]