Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampirum Fortress?  (Read 1507 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Vampirum Fortress?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »

Thanks. I'll go with that. I heard they still get slower without alcohol, but I had an entire fortress run on three wells and barely noticed the difference.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Jigowah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 06:53:15 pm »

The military squad idea is simple and smart.  Thank you for that khearn.

stagnant, I must admit I find your ballista bloodletting system totally awesome and hilarious.  i love the crazy and violent experiments this game inspires.

My original design for gently getting vampire blood was based on a vampire fist fighting arena.   I would throw goblin prisoners in, let the gore build up (and man it does), throw a bunch of water in and then make the tribe drink.  It was a disaster and the spears are way smarter for this.

Don't forget to smooth your walls or folks can climb out of pits too.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 08:36:08 pm »

I've done the vampire fort before.

It's difficult but not impossible to get a sufficient blood pool. Actually running a vampire fort runs face-first into the age-old vampire sobriety bug, which is relatively easy to eradicate if you're willing to mod it out.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 09:02:15 pm »

I'll work on the best design to get a spring of life/vamprism well running. I miss the rivers running with blood after extensive battles. But with falling leaves, this would probably murder FPS faster than a vampiric dragon taking on an armless kobold.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 11:25:58 pm »

You could put the lever into a small recess and put the upright spears on the tile the vamp would need to stand on. Will blood drain through a grate?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 11:31:36 pm »

Don't forget to smooth your walls or folks can climb out of pits too.

This is why I specified a 3x3 room and to make the channel in the center of the roof. Although I'll admit I haven't confirmed that this will work. You might need to make the cistern 2 levels deep, so he can't jump up and grab the edge of the hole.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 11:52:54 pm »

I could also just pre-dig the room with no hole, put a grate over the hole after dug, then place the well, with the vampire in a burrow down there.

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 03:03:46 am »

Don't grates prevent wells from working?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 04:28:19 am »

I don't usually deal with grates, flood gates, ponds or most really non-military applicable things, I'm mostly a metal worker and creature handler. So I wouldn't know.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 11:59:10 am »

All I remember about this from Steelhold is not to herd all your vampires into a room and burn them to death.
Also that tantrums + vampires (who I think get some stat boosts) are kind of devastating.
Pages: 1 [2]