Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecart delivery woes  (Read 645 times)

Nevenrial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minecart delivery woes
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:41:21 am »

I've been trying in vain to get my minecart to shoot anything. After searching through several forms I can't determine what I'm doing wrong. I read three z levels is enough momentum.  I start the machine with a fastest roller so it can be lever operated. At the bottom of the 3rd ramp there is on square of track, a hole, followed by a fortification. The cart hits the fortification, stops and falls down the hole. No payload delivered.

What am I doing wrong? Can I make a same level barrel with enough rollers?

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart delivery woes
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:54 am »

Don't you have to build a stop?
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart delivery woes
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 02:48:38 pm »

(34.11 answer) If your cart is actually flying, then it will fly into or through the fortification.

There are two ways to stop a sufficiently fast-moving cart that make it eject contents:

1. Run into a wall. The contents of the cart will teleport up 1 z-level, then start flying in a parabolic path.

2. Run into a stopped cart before a fortification. (So moving left to right, [track][hole][cart on track][fortification]) The contents of the cart will appear on the same level and then fly. This is how most squirt guns work.